PDA

View Full Version : Banshee hubs on 400ex and 250r, is this possible?

deathman53
01-29-2007, 01:14 PM
I have read in another forum that yamaha hubs fit honda's. This is where it get confusing, some say the fit on 400ex axles and other say 250r axle. I can't see them fitting both, does anybody know for sure. I know 250r/350x and 400ex/-most honda atc and trx models don't fit each other, how would these hubs fit both?????

400exrider707
01-29-2007, 01:19 PM
I doubt it at all. I believe the 250R and 400ex had interchangable hubs, however they were different offsets. The 250Rs had wider axles and narrower hubs.

I know you can order yamaha hubs with honda bolt patterns, maybe you read it wrong? Im almost 100% positive that yamaha hubs will NOT work with anything on a Honda.

deathman53
01-29-2007, 01:34 PM
250r and 400ex hubs are a different spline pattern, 25 spline verses 24 spline. I have both so I know for sure they don't fit each other. They reported that yamaha hubs will fit 250r/350x AND most honda axles atc90-40ex/450r. I don't see this posibble, anybody have a set of hubs to try this with?

400exrider707
01-29-2007, 01:52 PM
Yeah you're right I looked it up. 400ex has 24 spline axles... 250R has 25 splines. I believe most yamahas are in deed 24, but now that I think about it, I might possibly have tried a set of yamaha hubs on my old 400ex. I remember I put them on to try a set of 18" tires on the rear, but they were yamaha bolt pattern, so I grabbed the hubs too! Yes I know I did now... they fit on but were not snug at all and I didn't feel comfortable enough to even open it up at all..... I have no clue what those hubs were off of though, but I know they fit loosely on my axle and they were yamaha pattern wheels.

deathman53
01-29-2007, 02:13 PM
its settled, they do fit most honda's but are loose fitting. I prefer my hubs to be a tight fit. I got this from a 3 wheeler site. As much as I hate to talk about 3 wheeler guys(I mostly only ride my trikes), alot of them are very cheap and do questionable things to save money. I really hate this about them, ***** about how parts aren't available, but the parts that are around are "too much, we could get a whole bike for the money we paid for these parts". With riding, when a place allows trikes, "it costs too much, $30 this is riduclas", but if a place doesn't allow trikes they bad mouth it. Alot of them made their own problems.

400exrider707
01-29-2007, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by deathman53
its settled, they do fit most honda's but are loose fitting. I prefer my hubs to be a tight fit. I got this from a 3 wheeler site. As much as I hate to talk about 3 wheeler guys(I mostly only ride my trikes), alot of them are very cheap and do questionable things to save money. I really hate this about them, ***** about how parts aren't available, but the parts that are around are "too much, we could get a whole bike for the money we paid for these parts". With riding, when a place allows trikes, "it costs too much, $30 this is riduclas", but if a place doesn't allow trikes they bad mouth it. Alot of them made their own problems.

haha thats funny....

yeah they were definitely too loose for me to even ride it. I took it for a spin around the yard real slowly just to see the gearing difference with the tires and then immediately took them off