PDA

View Full Version : LTR for offroad racing?

WORCSYFZ199
01-29-2007, 12:55 PM
I was wondering how the new LTRs work for MX/offroad/and desert racing? I would be using it for mainly WORCS and Quadcross. I would be racing Expert and Pro-am, what mods would I need? I have a built YFZ right now (not much motor mods, just cam and porting) and the suspension and everything, but it's getting old and I'm ready to switch brands.I heard they are very good at cornering and I definitley need to improve that. I was looking for a new race quad that would work well and not cost too much but will last me a season or two. how do you think the suzuki's will work for me?

quadmonkey
01-30-2007, 07:45 AM
The LTR will work good for the WORCS. I was racing one last season in the A and Pro-Am when I qualified. All I had was the cherrybomb connected, airlid off, and pea-shooter out. I would recommend getting the shocks rebuilt/revavled for your weight though.

rob-u/21
01-31-2007, 11:24 AM
I'm sure it will work good in the worcs series. I was at the 1st round this weekend and saw quite a few LT-R's. All you would probably need is to go up one size on both front and rear tires for worcs and you are good to go. I would also recomend re-valving your shocks.