PDA

View Full Version : has anyone had a macdizzy 270cc motor

CorvetteZ06
01-29-2007, 11:34 AM
Just like the title says, I have always read his website info, and I was just wondering how his engines performed. his 270cc "sleeper" motor seemed to be popular, but has anyone actually directly compared it with a CT, Duncan, LRD, ESR, motor? Thanx guys!

methyman
01-29-2007, 02:50 PM
Rick is real smart but my 04 wooped on a Mac Dizzy 270 that my buddy has. I told Rick about it and he could not believe me. It is so true. Rick thinks he is GOD, but as we know his is not. I have seen his porting it is top notch. My friend spent more to get his 270 setup that I did for my ESR 330. My friend has a problem with the cylinder head studs that Rick had removed and reinstalled that came loose and blew the topend. It damaged the domw which he sent back to Rick to fix. Rick fixed it a took months to get it back and tried to charge him for it. The 270 motor took over 6 months to get ported, decked, domes cut etc.

methyman
01-29-2007, 02:51 PM
My 04 YFZ450 has cam mod 1 tooth bigger front sprocket. That 270cc was not match.

garrettagr
01-29-2007, 05:18 PM
i too often wondered about the potential of a 270 motor rather than just going with a big bore. I am glad that someone asked the question again because i am still trying to decide.

methyman
01-29-2007, 06:43 PM
I have a 265cc TRX250R that is ported with numbers that a TRX250R builder told me to try and it ran good. I race my friends 270cc R with his much lighter son on it and I walked away from it. With my 330cc topend on the bike its not even a race. With the big bore I can play with the throttle while passing him. The 310 gives you the most bores. If ported correctly I think it will put out as much hp as the 330.

C-LEIGH RACING
01-29-2007, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by methyman
Rick is real smart but my 04 wooped on a Mac Dizzy 270 that my buddy has. I told Rick about it and he could not believe me. It is so true. Rick thinks he is GOD, but as we know his is not. I have seen his porting it is top notch. My friend spent more to get his 270 setup that I did for my ESR 330. My friend has a problem with the cylinder head studs that Rick had removed and reinstalled that came loose and blew the topend. It damaged the domw which he sent back to Rick to fix. Rick fixed it a took months to get it back and tried to charge him for it. The 270 motor took over 6 months to get ported, decked, domes cut etc.

What kind of torque wrench did your friend use to tighten those head nuts.
Neil

CorvetteZ06
01-29-2007, 10:17 PM
hmmm, very interesting.

NJChris
01-30-2007, 02:14 AM
I have a 270PV built by rick and it runs great. But its probably only in the 55hp range so its not gonna smoke everything. But it is the funnest ride I have built.
I have also ran 310's by ESR and CT on my bike too and the 270 is better than both.

I love ESR's pipes, but was very disappointed by their porting in my 310 jug. Sloppy work,wasnt very fast . They (ESR) sent me a jug that didnt have the port edges smoothed in the cylinder wall.....quality control? Ate up my piston. I should have noticed this when assembling the motor so I cant really blame them.

methyman
01-30-2007, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by C-LEIGH RACING
What kind of torque wrench did your friend use to tighten those head nuts.
Neil

I have no idea what torque wrench he used. The problem was with the studs and the acorn nuts. He reseated the studs and used open ended nuts that solved the problem. I dont think the studs were tightend correctly.

methyman
01-30-2007, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by NJChris
I have a 270PV built by rick and it runs great. But its probably only in the 55hp range so its not gonna smoke everything. But it is the funnest ride I have built.
I have also ran 310's by ESR and CT on my bike too and the 270 is better than both.

I love ESR's pipes, but was very disappointed by their porting in my 310 jug. Sloppy work,wasnt very fast . They (ESR) sent me a jug that didnt have the port edges smoothed in the cylinder wall.....quality control? Ate up my piston. I should have noticed this when assembling the motor so I cant really blame them.

I agree with your post. ESR's porting is below par. I had my cylinder reported by K&T performance. Than that 330 ripped.

86 Quad R
01-30-2007, 07:02 AM
it sounds as tho your buddies macD270 may have not been setup correctly. could have been a combination of things actually.

you have any idea as to what porting was done to it?

C-LEIGH RACING
01-30-2007, 08:34 AM
It could have been where the cylinder deck & head surface had been machined & after that more of the stud was sticking up & the end results the acorn nut bottomed out & didnt tighten up.
Was there a washer under each nut ??? it did have washers, right.
Neil

methyman
01-30-2007, 02:45 PM
Yes it had the washers underneath the acorn nuts.

methyman
01-30-2007, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by 86 Quad R
it sounds as tho your buddies macD270 may have not been setup correctly. could have been a combination of things actually.

you have any idea as to what porting was done to it?

Mac Dizzy ultra mid porting as Rick calls it.

250r4life
01-30-2007, 02:56 PM
last time i heard macdizzy wasnt even in the game anymore... and didnt that one guy on here get screwed over- he sent his cylinder to rick and never heard from him again?

DanW
01-30-2007, 05:06 PM
A buddy of mine had to threaten to drive out west and beat mcdizzy's *** before he was sent his cylinder back...

Aceman
01-30-2007, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life
last time i heard macdizzy wasnt even in the game anymore... and didnt that one guy on here get screwed over- he sent his cylinder to rick and never heard from him again?

Yeah, here's reason enough not to send your cylinder. Really, who cares how good his porting is if you never get your cylinder back??

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=230326