PDA

View Full Version : Quadfast graphics install help....

nowukno
01-29-2007, 11:24 AM
Just ordered my quadfast graphics and was hoping to get some pointers. My plan is to clean the quad really good with hot soap & water , wet the graphics so i can easily move them. Then take a window tint squeege and smooth it out. Then let it air dry? Am i forgeting anything? Also , it's about 30 degrees here and my building has no heat , will this be an issue? Sorry for all the questions but i want to do it right.

gbcap
01-29-2007, 11:37 AM
take the plastics off and put them inside. they need to be at or close to room temp to work well.

don't wet the stickers down...take a spray bottle and put a small dab of soap in it...not much just a lil bit. shake tha up and spray the part your putting the decal on...squeze out the water immediatly.

if your putting graphics on your tank, to get them to stick properly you need to pull the tank, drain it COMPLETELY, let it air dry for 72 hours till there is NO fuel inside. the vapors come thru the tank and mess with the graphcis. if you get the graphics on and let them dry well before putting gas back in you are ok tho.

take your time...its worth the extra time to get everything looking well.

if you have an air bubble...a small one that is. you can normally take a pin or sharp object and put a very small pin hole in the graphic to get the air out. if it is bigger you need to get the air to the outside and push it out.

nowukno
01-29-2007, 11:51 AM
I never really thought about bringing the tank & plastic inside. Great idea!

450R-156
01-29-2007, 02:24 PM
Having a electric heat gun will also help alot

ss440ex
01-29-2007, 03:49 PM
I would wait for a warmer day.
Spray a lite mist of water on the plastics.

It is easier to work with when it is warmer out!!

Good luck.

Flyin-Low
01-29-2007, 04:34 PM
Rub down your plastics with some rubbing alchohol! Gets anything that may interfere off of them.

-Martin

ryann mx68
01-29-2007, 05:03 PM
clean them real good, prepwork is the most important part of the job. i always use carb cleaner to prep my plastics, and have never had any problems

bring them inside, where its warm.

also if you are installing the seatcover that comes with it, put this on first before you put the tank graphics on. then install tank graphics to line up correctly.

i have the quadfast graphics, they are quality, and hold up well. draining the tank is up to you. i didnt drain mine and its held up very well, no bubbling etc, about 8 months.

****install tip******

the vent holes [cuts] in the tank graphics, sometimes are not cut all the way through. take a razor knife and make sure the gas vapors will be able to release through these vents, before you install them.

nowukno
01-30-2007, 08:01 AM
Let me make sure i got this right.......

1. drain tank , let air dry
2. clean plastics very well with soap/water
3. use fine grit sand paper to work out some scracthes/scuffs
4. rub plastics down with rubbing alcohol
5. mist water on back of decal for easier placement
6. use window tint squeege for any air bubbles
7. use blow dryer to dry