PDA

View Full Version : N-style graphic kit

punker69q
09-26-2002, 07:06 PM
Hi guys, I just got a N-style graphic kit + a seat cover and I want to know if their is some things that I should know before I start to install the graphic kit, because it's the first time that I will do that...

Razorback
09-26-2002, 08:14 PM
spray a little mist of soap/water mix on the back of the graphics and it will allow you to position it a little, then it will adhere very shortly. take your time with the seat cover, they can be frustrating to put on. you can do a search on seat cover and find some good info.

Ben
09-27-2002, 04:55 AM
Razorback is right - use a spray bottle of soapy water to apply the graphics kit, and then once you get it in the correct position I like to use a hair drier to evaporate the soapy water - locking the graphic into place. I also recommend heating up the seat cover prior to installing it (via hair drier, laying it in the sun, or even a couple minutes in the clothes drier) so it will strech better and when it cools down, and shrinks a tiny bit it will be incredibly tight. I usually have better luck with installing the seat cover first and then the graphics kit - because you have a tiny amount of wiggle room when applying the graphics, but the seat cover doesn't allow you any wiggle room. Your going to need a air-powdered staple gun to apply the seat cover, but some powerful electric staple guns work alright. Some people like to have an upholstery shop apply their seat covers - which is a good idea if you aren't comfortable with how tight you can get it, or if you don't have a power staple gun.