PDA

View Full Version : 04 yfz 450 throttle Sensor wire .

speedy
01-28-2007, 08:43 PM
Ok I have a 04 yfz 450 and the sensor wire coming into the throttle housing makes it die when the throttle comes back and hits it inside the throttle housing on the handel bars. I know this because i took the wire out of the throttle housing and the yfz ran just fine. I replace the clutch lever with an asv lever set up, This set up does not have the wire coming from it and now you have to start it in neutral. I did try hooking it back up just to see if it would work like that but it still didnt run with the wire in the housing. So here is my questions:

What is the reason for this wire?
How could i fix it right ?
Could i do with out it ? Thank you so much>:confused:

hartnett18
01-29-2007, 06:25 AM
i was wondering the same thing...

speedy
01-29-2007, 02:11 PM
Ok this is evedently a good question lol

speedy
01-29-2007, 02:24 PM
if anyone knows i really need to find out?

Splatter Matter
01-29-2007, 02:26 PM
for the clutch side flow the stock wires down (take off front plastic)to were they are hook up. there will be a male and female wire just hook them up together. the throttle side just splice the wires together.

speedy
01-29-2007, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the help if anyone else knows just post .

worr0forr
01-29-2007, 03:25 PM
for the clutch sensor just splice those two wires together... i did this on my ex

jshtex
01-29-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Splatter Matter
for the clutch side flow the stock wires down (take off front plastic)to were they are hook up. there will be a male and female wire just hook them up together. the throttle side just splice the wires together.

He gave you the right answer.

Hook the clutch side together under the front hood. From that point on the bike will start in gear so make sure your holding the clutch in when you try to start it.

The TORS switch on the throttle side, you just have to cut the wires under the hood and connect them together. That will defeat the TORS system which is a saftey feature in case of a stuck throttle. We had to bypass ours becasue of using an ex throttle.

speedy
01-31-2007, 02:10 PM
So the two wires coming up to the throttle sensor wire under the hood , just hook them together?

wfoyfz
01-31-2007, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by speedy
So the two wires coming up to the throttle sensor wire under the hood , just hook them together?

YES

speedy
02-09-2007, 11:04 PM
thank you all for your help!