PDA

View Full Version : loose front end

Pipeless416
01-28-2007, 05:57 PM
well, ever since i have owned my 400 the front end seems to be very loose feeling. its kind of nice at low speeds, but it becomes very twitchy when things get a little faster paced. so far, i have replaced the large bushing at the top of the steering stem, the bottom stem bearings, and the nut on the bottom of the steering stem is about the tightest it can be. im not sure if this is normal or not, because i only have another 400 to compare to, and the steering seems very stiff on that one. is there anything else that could be causing a high speed twitch and overly easy steering? im running klaws all the way around and the other one has the stock ohtsu's on front. after all the parts being replaced and with tires that bite a little more shouldnt mine want to track straighter?? any info would be appreciated.

bansheemorphine
01-28-2007, 06:47 PM
tie rod ends to check them they should be stiff and not move easily if they move around easily they're bad

Scro
01-28-2007, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by bansheemorphine
tie rod ends to check them they should be stiff and not move easily if they move around easily they're bad

What he said. Also make sure the nuts are tight on them.

Pipeless416
01-28-2007, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Scro
What he said. Also make sure the nuts are tight on them.

alright i was kinda thinking that was my last resort. is it normal for them to wear out on a 2000? or are they way overdue for being replaced? i'm at school till february 16th, so i wont be able to check until then. thanks though!! i was hoping i wouldnt have to dump any more money into this thing :rolleyes:

Kaleigh
01-29-2007, 05:12 PM
its your toe in..

bah1491
01-29-2007, 05:15 PM
If everything is fine mechanically, check into a steering stabilizer!s/p....that may help if its just high speeds..