PDA

View Full Version : Time for a clutch kit?

kalebarellano
01-28-2007, 05:46 PM
My bike was smoking, as some of you may have read. And when I was in neutral, I revved it out (to make alot of smoke). And when I was revving it up in neutral, I could feel it trying to pull forward a little.

Thanks

kalebarellano
01-28-2007, 08:55 PM
I know someone knows something. Should I go ahead and order a clutch kit?

Thanks

Unverfehrt400ex
01-28-2007, 09:02 PM
i dont know a whole lot about engines but i doubt it could be a clutch problem cause that wouldnt matter if it was in nutral

yamahamx14
01-28-2007, 09:14 PM
If your bike is smoking i dont think it would be your clutch causing that. You might be new piston rings and if it is pulling while in nuetral you might need a new clutch. I could possible be a combination of things and just be a coinsidence that it happened at the same time, but i could be wrong.

kalebarellano
01-28-2007, 09:16 PM
I dont really think its too bad what ever it is. Cause when I did it, it barely rocked forward, and I was like on the rev limiter. Can someone test to tell me if this is normal? Cause I know if you have a dirt bike on a stand, and in neutral, the tire will spin some with throttle. I this maybe the same thing?

kalebarellano
01-28-2007, 09:18 PM
Oh, I know the smoke didn't have to do with it. I just mentioned the smoke cause thats the only reason I even revved it that high in neutral, just to see how much it would smoke. But while revving it that high it rocked forward a little.

yamahamx14
01-28-2007, 09:22 PM
I think you should just get a new clutch kit, just to make sure. A tusk clutch kit off rockymountainatv.com is around $40 or somethin like that. Just see if that fixes the problem.

kalebarellano
01-28-2007, 09:39 PM
Can someone test this on there bike to see if it rocks forward? I'd like to know. But its not a big deal to put a clutch kit in cause I am doing a rebuild anyway and I have to pull the clutch to install the cam chain, so I can just install it then.

Thanks

scruff_mcruff
01-28-2007, 10:22 PM
a new clutch wont solve your problem. try adjusting it properly. clutches slip when getting worn out, not grab harder.

flauge
01-29-2007, 12:01 AM
Mine tried to creep some even after i put a new one on mine..
I think i read somwhere that it could be the clutch basket getting grooves worn in it...:confused:

Def-e-nition
01-29-2007, 03:14 AM
mmmm. CLucth basket wear . Sounds Familiar . seems My clutch is walking the same Path as yours is then .

The Bike Crawls forward even with the clutch in , whenone tries to start it . i've no idea aprart from the clutch cable slack , where one could set the Clutch ?

Does a clutch with heavier spring rates , to accomodate synthetic Oil , pull Harder As well ?

flauge
01-29-2007, 03:23 AM
Yea, thats how mine did right after i put it in. Hold the clutch in, tap it down in first and away she goes:huh ... I did run plain ol' crude oil at first tho, i thought it would help break in the clutch plates or whatever, and thats when it crept a lil. But i went back to klotz synthetic and it never creeped again.. Its just right now:D

flauge
01-29-2007, 03:27 AM
Oopps, forgot to tell you Def. I got Ebc springs in mine, its supposed to be 10% stiffer but i cant really tell the difference tho in the lever pull..It works, thats all i can say:devil:

Def-e-nition
01-29-2007, 04:46 AM
shot flauge .
I was warned NOT to use synthetics in the bike , but elsewhere its recommended .
all they say is to remember to use stiffer clutch Springs .
stops the thing from slipping during a heavy pull off .

So synthetic stopped the forward creep as well ?

Interesting .

Will i need a new Clutch basket too ?

interceptorz28
01-29-2007, 06:15 AM
I think that ALL bikes "walk" a little bit when you have the rear wheel off the ground and put it into gear and hold the clutch down.

kalebarellano
01-29-2007, 04:58 PM
It seems like alot of people have this. So is it normal?

kalebarellano
01-29-2007, 06:02 PM
No body knows if this is normal? If it isn't I want to order a clutch kit asap. Let me know.

j450rking
01-29-2007, 07:19 PM
try a clutch cable that what was wrong with mine when it was doing somthing like that