PDA

View Full Version : How do i press my bearings out of my front hubs?

cannongirl66
01-28-2007, 03:12 PM
Title says it all, we've been screwing with these things for 30 minutes and can't seem to press the bearing out of the front hub. The inside bearing is bigger than the outside....so wouldn't that mean to press from the outside in? someone help, what is the trick?

northwest Texas
01-28-2007, 03:23 PM
A hammer and punch are needed. There is a spacer between the 2 bearings and to drive them out you will need to pry it to one side so your punch can fit on the bearing so you can drive it out. It's really pretty simple.

Last time I changed mine out one of my seals kept interfering. To tighten out the slack it would rub on the shaft and bind. I had to use one of my old seals.

northwest Texas
01-28-2007, 03:24 PM
Forgot to mention the bearings both drive out from the inside to the outside in case you didn't already know.

cannongirl66
01-28-2007, 03:29 PM
thank you! we will give it a shot. we've been trying to punch both out at the same time like out the same side..

northwest Texas
01-28-2007, 03:35 PM
Yeah, that was pretty much banging your head against a brick wall to knock it down. ;)

One of my spacers moved rather easily, the other didn't.

cannongirl66
01-30-2007, 01:00 AM
well after about a whopping 10 minutes they both were out. im glad you were on at that moment to help us out. do you race the tqra or go to waynoka? just curious later

northwest Texas
01-30-2007, 11:32 AM
When I took my hub off I got the hard to move spacer first and had to step back and think for a minute of how to get them out. Fortunately, experience changing many bearings on the farm probably saved me most of my time.

I don't race, just play ride, not enough. would kinda like to [race] but farming keeps me way too busy to even consider and I'm getting too old (have a family to support)

Never been to Little Sahara but would like to have a look/see. Would be my first foray in the dunes.