PDA

View Full Version : 76 and 69 thot I would share

1fst400
01-28-2007, 02:13 PM
I had my quad a out on the lake today and yesterday. On saturday, Yesterday. I got up to 76 via radar gun. several attempts at it to with same results.

Today however there was a little more snow out on the lake and it was a bit warmer out, I was spinning quite a bit. Moast I could get out of it was 69mph.

This is with 15/38 gearing to the stock rev limiter, and 18" tires.

Im going to try and track doun some diffrent sprockets this week. I bet I can get it up to 90.

There was a guy out there on the lake to day on a ski doo rev 1000 with some work done to it. He got going 119. That guy was hauling.

Flodies400ex
01-29-2007, 11:07 AM
thats slow because my 400ex goes about 65 with somebody right next to me with there speedometer on there bike and it was as 65 tops

400exrider707
01-29-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Flodies400ex
thats slow because my 400ex goes about 65 with somebody right next to me with there speedometer on there bike and it was as 65 tops

How is that slow? His was 4mph faster than your 400ex in the snow with horrible traction.

rlplive
01-29-2007, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
How is that slow? His was 4mph faster than your 400ex in the snow with horrible traction.
Plus the day before he got up to 76, I am failing to see how that is slow.

400exrider707
01-29-2007, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by rlplive
Plus the day before he got up to 76, I am failing to see how that is slow.

We're in the same boat! :confused:

d3ktrix
01-29-2007, 12:19 PM
Yeah esp with 18" tires.

When ever I go to the pits with the 18's on if feels like I'm topping out at like 40 with stock gearing lol.

400exrider707
01-29-2007, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by 1fst400
I had my quad a out on the lake today and yesterday. On saturday, Yesterday. I got up to 76 via radar gun. several attempts at it to with same results.

Today however there was a little more snow out on the lake and it was a bit warmer out, I was spinning quite a bit. Moast I could get out of it was 69mph.

This is with 15/38 gearing to the stock rev limiter, and 18" tires.

Im going to try and track doun some diffrent sprockets this week. I bet I can get it up to 90.

There was a guy out there on the lake to day on a ski doo rev 1000 with some work done to it. He got going 119. That guy was hauling.

btw 119 on a sled is nothing.... he could probably do that on a stock sled ...haha It was probably made to accelerate like a SOB though!

Snoopy450r
01-29-2007, 02:21 PM
I dont understand you guys? Why is everybody concerned about what there wheeler tops out at? If you want you could get 450R or a 400EX to hit 100 MPH. All you have to do is change the gearing, some engine mods would porbably help to, but who really cares. Iv have a lot of people ask me "how fast is my wheeler?" I really done know or care, what I care about is how fast it can get there. How often do you ride at top speed anyways? On the track or on trails. You want to focus on the quick accelaration. If you have a quad that can 100MPH that doesnt make it fast, what makes it fast is how quick it can get to that speed. I could stick a 17/35 gearing on wheeler and make it have a high top speed, but how many miles of road would I need to finally get it to hit top speed.

Flodies400ex
01-29-2007, 02:51 PM
hay thats true I didnt really think that way but hay in your avatar what kind of graphics is that

oldskoolex400
01-29-2007, 03:36 PM
hay thats true I didnt really think that way but hay in your avatar what kind of graphics is that

hay is dried grass that is fluffed and eventually bailed to feed to cows,horses, other animals eat

woo hoo i hit 78 on my 416 with stock gearing...... being measured with a radar gun

1fst400
01-29-2007, 03:52 PM
I got some 25" tires to try this coming weekend. we will se how it goes.

Btw 119 is fast on a sled. It was on a mxz rev 1000. it was definetly geared doun for 660 ft tho.

400exrider707
01-29-2007, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by 1fst400
I got some 25" tires to try this coming weekend. we will se how it goes.

Btw 119 is fast on a sled. It was on a mxz rev 1000. it was definetly geared doun for 660 ft tho.

I had a bone stock rev800 up to about 110 on about an inch of hard pack snow so it will push past that on glare ice.

Also top speed is pretty good when you hit a lake. cause I know I dont like to accelerate past everyone and then watch them blow by me five seconds later going 10mph faster than me for 5 miles.

I realize on dirt and the track it really doesnt matter but its still cool to know

Also I highly highly doubt a 400ex will ever hit 100 EVER. No matter how you gear it. Maybe if you throw it out of a plane.

Dirtwheels did a top speed test on an modded 450R and it wouldn't pull past 89ish with 22" tires... It couldn't hit the rev limiter.

1fst400
01-29-2007, 05:38 PM
89 you say. hmm..

what did they have for mods? I have very light mods. just a pipe and cam with the usual.

I talked to a kid that goes doun to the lake on a weekly secdual. He said that guy with the 1000 did get 127 out of it. BS??? I dono, but its possible I guess.:rolleyes:

1fst400
01-29-2007, 05:48 PM
ya, I found that my fox body ford mustang rims are 4 lug and just happen to bolt up. they are 25" diameter. they look super gay!! I refuse to put a pic of it. lol.

But they should work prety nicely. I will stud them up with ice skrews. the tire seems prety hard like it will hold he skrews. Altho I'm not shure if it will make the tires blow apart because of the way their made. And no I dont give a crap about the tires and dont plan on ever useing them ever again.

It shure hit the rev limiter easy at 76 I can tell you that. It didet take long at all to get there either.

I dono, untill you said somthing about dirtwheels saying only 89 I was prety shure it would do 95 if geared correctly.

Who knows. not me. YET:devil:

TWILES
01-29-2007, 06:21 PM
Our 04 all stock was not happy. I had a Banshee before and I don't know how fast it would go but the 450R left me with sad eyes. I got it going down the road, topped out and thought..HUUUUMMMMM? :ermm:

Its a great woods bike though.

Flodies400ex
01-29-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by oldskoolex400
hay is dried grass that is fluffed and eventually bailed to feed to cows,horses, other animals eat

woo hoo i hit 78 on my 416 with stock gearing...... being measured with a radar gun

hay by the way mine is all stock douche bag and I was just saying that I think its a little slow but he doesnt have stuids in tires so thats why so if you going to post then post then if you are going post stupiedity then dont post

oldskoolex400
01-29-2007, 07:26 PM
stupiedity

nice new word, i think it fits you well from what i have seen
from what i read in the sig your 400 has some mods bro....

edit:

douche bag
i guess you have been called this before, seeing that is how you spelled it right

400exrider707
01-29-2007, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by oldskoolex400
nice new word, i think it fits you well from what i have seen
from what i read in the sig your 400 has some mods bro....

edit:

i guess you have been called this before, seeing that is how you spelled it right

Was it uncalled for?? maybe... but is it funny... hahah yes!

ANYWAYS!!!

Your going to have trouble pulling mustang wheels i think. The wheels themselves are quite heavy. I know the 450R in the dirtwheels had an HRC kit and full exhaust I believe. IIRC. It had 22" tires, and one tooth lower on the front and like a 36 on the back. I think...its been a while....it wouldn't rev any higher though... it didn't hit the limiter either. This was on a dried up lake bed.

400exrider99
01-29-2007, 09:21 PM
its cool you got up to 76 but it not a big deal. who cares how fast a quad goes. in a regualr day of riding how often will you hit top speed. i dought i have ever hit my top speed on my 400ex

1fst400
01-30-2007, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider99
its cool you got up to 76 but it not a big deal. who cares how fast a quad goes. in a regualr day of riding how often will you hit top speed. i dought i have ever hit my top speed on my 400ex

then dont poast in my thread idiot.

400exrider707
01-30-2007, 05:48 AM
Well when you run on the lake..... you are at top speed pretty much all day unless your running circles. :rolleyes:

Top speed might not seem important on the trails, but on a flat surface that is smooth as glass and goes for miles...yeah top speed is a priority.

1fst400...instead of trying to gain speed with taller tires, I would try different sprockets instead... much easier for the motor to pull. Also if you have nerfs with a heel guard or something I dont think 25's are going to fit.:ermm:

1fst400
01-30-2007, 07:17 AM
ya, I hear ya. tires where free tho. sprokets cost $.
sidewinder says they make a 16 front and a 33 rear for my aplication. which in theory bla bla bla it wiould do 95 or so with that set up.

The ties barley cleer my heal gards. like 1/2 inch to spare.

Only thing I was thinking is that I may have somewhat of an advantage to the car tires. ya they are alot heavier. But they are also not all wobbley. them 18" where bouncing all over the place. I think my wheel may be tweeked a bit, or perhaps the tire is not centered in the beadlock.

1fst400
01-31-2007, 09:01 PM
I ran it today.

lol, what a slug!! it would barley pull 4th gear. The clutch was also slipping badly so I only did a cupple runs.

I was clocked at 78mph.

I picked up a 13t front sprocket today just for the heck of it to try tomorow. I also ordered some barnet HD clutch springs to try and pry some extra life out of my tired clutch.
I figure I can use a 33t rear and a 13t front and it will be close to a 15/38. then I can run a 15/33 for on the lakes.

I see myself buying a set of chein shin tires very soon.

Nate_450R
01-31-2007, 09:37 PM
I dont understand you guys? Why is everybody concerned about what there wheeler tops out at? If you want you could get 450R or a 400EX to hit 100 MPH. All you have to do is change the gearing, some engine mods would porbably help to, but who really cares. Iv have a lot of people ask me "how fast is my wheeler?" I really done know or care, what I care about is how fast it can get there. How often do you ride at top speed anyways? On the track or on trails. You want to focus on the quick accelaration. If you have a quad that can 100MPH that doesnt make it fast, what makes it fast is how quick it can get to that speed. I could stick a 17/35 gearing on wheeler and make it have a high top speed, but how many miles of road would I need to finally get it to hit top speed.

where i live, the cops (new cops especially) dont like the guys of quads riding around. its almost a big game with the new cops we get to go out and let them see us then take off and hit some gravel roads. so, in this case i think its very important to know how fast you can run. i had a buddy the other day get chased by a couple new po po's and since we all have scanners in our trucks we turned it on. they came over the scanner saying he was exceeding speeds of 105 mph on his 700. not sure if they were exagurating or not but thats what they said over the scanners.

Flodies400ex
01-31-2007, 09:39 PM
I never hit the rev yet when I top out

450rJam
02-01-2007, 07:58 PM
top speed on flats sounds soooo much fun.................
if you have no skills.

just my opinion but everyone is entitled to it.

im pretty sure I would try some drifting or build a ramp or ???

TWILES
02-01-2007, 08:06 PM
If you really do have any skills at all you out-rode your 450R within the first 15 minutes of unloading it like I did. When I started looking at upgrades, I gave it to my wife and bought a bike for less money than it would take to get it to run with my old 250R and Banshee.

This is not an opinion. Its the truth.

450rJam
02-02-2007, 03:54 AM
I had the dealer install hrc before I took it home, added pro design/k&n,rossier, its getting there.

Its fast, thats why I sold my 250r