PDA

View Full Version : YFZ no spark, keeps blowing fuse also.

pimpazzberetta
01-28-2007, 11:14 AM
I just got this used yfz, it's an 04. Headlights in tact. The engine will crank over but there is no spark. If you switch the headlights on and back off a fuse blows down by the battery (15 amp right side of the battery)

What are some things I could test to try and track down the problem. How can I test any of the components to varify they are working correctly also. Thank you in advance.

Also if someone could please post a pic of the 4 wire harness that plugs into the bar above the battery with the starter solenoid, and starer relay. Right in the middle there is a harness plug. I'm trying to verify what color wires all go into this harness. One of mine looks like it pulled out and was repaired. Here is a pic of what I need but you can not see all 4 wires in this pic.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid170/p3368f2866a25f68912fff648d212d2c9/f3fcea47.jpg

lost boyz
01-28-2007, 05:53 PM
put in a new fuse

unplug the headlight one at a time hit the switch see witch one blows the fuse...

if that doesnt work....

new fuse..unplug headlight test with multi meter make SURE its on ac and see what your reading is....

just had the same problem this week and found out it was the regulator....thanks to a member on here giving me some tips on what to do....

try that and let us know....

thts a start if not theres other things to turn but that should get you started....

400exrider99
01-29-2007, 10:44 AM
soundlike you have a short some wear hear the headlights

pimpazzberetta
01-30-2007, 04:26 PM
I got it fixed. Turned out to be a ground problem. The ground wire with the bullet connector (thin black wire near the left side of the battery) or right side if you're looking at the pic on here. Was going to nothing at all. Where does this ground connect to?