PDA

View Full Version : Any Jumping tips??

Quady
01-28-2007, 10:29 AM
I have very bad experience with jumping (almost broke my chin the other day :rolleyes: ) I just keep landing heavily on the front end I mean it just feel all the weight been pushed to the front!!!

Any ideas how can i land on the four tires almost leveled?

your tips are highly welcomed

honda250xrider
01-28-2007, 10:59 AM
are you letting off the throttle before you get to the jump, steady throttle all the way through the jump..... in the air if you feel you are going to far forwards hit the throttle also known as panic reving to bring the front end up, also learning body positioning is by far the best thing you can do.

nemesis
01-28-2007, 11:12 AM
Throttle control and body position is where you should start.

Start with a smaller jump at first.

jayman
01-28-2007, 12:59 PM
What they said!!! Remember to always stay on the throttle, never less than what you hit the approach with and sometimes more to bring it further up.

05Z400rdr
01-28-2007, 04:34 PM
If your front end is too high: pull in the clutch and apply rear breaks (make sure to get the wheels moving again for momentum before you land)

If your rearend is too high: get on the throttle!

hope this helps,
Landon

hondaracer31
01-29-2007, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by 05Z400rdr
If your front end is too high: pull in the clutch and apply rear breaks (make sure to get the wheels moving again for momentum before you land)

hope this helps,
Landon

Also, don't stall it.

I know I'm probably going to get flamed by those who THINK they know but.........there is an easier way to bring the front end down!

Quickly stab the FRONT brakes. You want to stop the front wheels instantly, then release them. You don't want to have the brakes on when you land!

Good luck
(to all you flamers, try it first. if you do it right, you'll swear it's going to pull the bars out of your hands.)

honda250xrider
01-29-2007, 08:22 AM
your right about the front brakes but thats not a very good method imo there is no control when you use the front brakes and you will dip instantly, this is a dangerous way imo, ill stick to the the rear brakes, and yes i have tried this and i would not recommend it but for whoever it works for props to you. maybe i need to go try it a few more times but in the past i have tried it and had success just not to my liking, but i would only use the front brakes incase if the front end is extremly up there. I just feel the rear gives you more of a ease down then just straight.

trick250r
01-30-2007, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by hondaracer31
Also, don't stall it.

I know I'm probably going to get flamed by those who THINK they know but.........there is an easier way to bring the front end down!

Quickly stab the FRONT brakes. You want to stop the front wheels instantly, then release them. You don't want to have the brakes on when you land!

Good luck
(to all you flamers, try it first. if you do it right, you'll swear it's going to pull the bars out of your hands.)

NEVER and in case you couldnt read NEVER, ill say it again... NEVER GRAB YOUR FRONT BRAKES. dana creech taught me this. you can always get the back wheels moving again if you hit the brakes but the fronts are stopped untill you hit the ground. the momentum is just gone. dont grab the fronts. end of story.

and im not flaming, but if hes having a little problem with the front end diving and doesnt know how to correct it, he doesnt have enough skill to land with hardly any momentum yet.

LTR450_#67
01-30-2007, 11:57 AM
Quady - Just learn the body positioning and throttle control parts. Those in my opinion are the two basic and most important things when it comes to jumping. Start on a small table top and make sure you land on the throttle. That will help you from being bucked off if you land short and its faster on the track.
Don't do any braking in the air till you get the first 2 down and are comfortable, becuz realistically shouldn't have to do hardly any braking when jumping correctly.

Again this is MY OPINION! These other guys have good points but some of their info are for lil more advanced jumpers.

hope that helps
later

rh250r
01-30-2007, 06:44 PM
Just lean a little back and stay on the gas all the way up the jump.

Quady
02-04-2007, 09:58 AM
Thanks everyone for your contribution I have had really nice ride yesterdy I couldnt stop jumping lol :p .... with LTR it is defenately fun....

thanks again

czrider263
02-04-2007, 10:23 AM
joe byrd taught me how to use the front brakes and if you do it right its a great way to get the front end down..... you just have to land correctly.