PDA

View Full Version : HRC kit on a 2006 450r kick model?

450racing7
01-27-2007, 11:25 PM
Im thinkin about puttin the hrc kit on my 06 450r kick model but i have been hearin there are some problems with the kits.And is it worth they money?Like starting them? and does the kit kill the motor life at all? Please help me out here

Johnson
01-28-2007, 06:43 AM
I really like the stage 2 hotcam with a hmf needle and hmf jetting instructions it starts great.

lumi
01-28-2007, 07:58 AM
imo getting the hrc kit is better than getting just the main parts like the cam and exhuast etc.....

it comes with a more free flowing breather kit, 1000+ revsand sound boot....

JMHO!!!

also yes the hrc kit will reduce ur piston life and maybe a small bit on the valve train, but anything u do to the motor will cause this.. more wear and tear of course....

but in my experiences the kit last long enough as long as u take care of the motor.. period... many freinds of mine have run the kit for over 70 hours with no problems and minimal wear... to even get more out of ur motor.... dont install the 1000+ rev wire and leave the air box lid on with big holes in it and get a filtered lid...

this imo well insure a longer lasting engine.

the power of the kit is a whole new beast... the stock 450r is very locked up and this repleases everything

-lumi