PDA

View Full Version : KFZ kept killing today while riding oval track on the ice

mc1984
01-27-2007, 06:26 PM
I finally made it out on the ice today for the first time this season. After a long day of riding my buddy and I were going around the circle track a few more times before loading them on the truck. I was hooking up really good in the coroners and was able to push it really hard through the left hand turns. I would have to back off the throttle just a little bit in one of the turns and all of a sudden it would die. It would just kind of bog down and quit. It was then really really hard to get restarted. Once I got it restarted I made a couple more laps and the exact same thing in the exact same place. It ran great all day and spent a lot of time on another oval track. This went on a few more times kept dying, hard to restart. It runs great until it pukes. My gas level was a little low but I didnt think it was low enough to be an issue. I pulled the plug out and it looked pretty good. I wanted to go riding again tomorrow but am worried I'll have the same problem. Any help would be great! Thanks!!!

Vindex Injuriae
01-27-2007, 06:35 PM
I'd make a guess that it was your gas level, especially if it was having the prob in turns and not the straights. I try to keep mine above half - I've run into this same issue on a Predator when twisting it through the woods, at 1/4 tank or so it would die out in turns or just coming out of them.

I've been riding my KFX on the ice for the past couple weeks - sure is a blast :D

schickhed
01-27-2007, 06:40 PM
maybe it was time to put it on reserve. happens to me sometimes it will run fine till i take it up in the rpms then will die.
only way to find out is fill it up and go to the place again and ride it

smoothie
01-27-2007, 10:36 PM
lol i was racing one of my buddies once at our track and i had to switch to reserve while racing lol, i din't win though....:(

nice v DUB. I'm working with my B5 A4. it's a 97' 12V...sucks.... great daily though.