PDA

View Full Version : No More Play(LSR Stem)!!!

GIXXER1KR
01-27-2007, 03:55 PM
I got my LSR steering stem clamp and put it on today.I packed the upper bushing with Amsoil waterproof synthetic grease and it is nice!!!!LSR sent me the clamp for free.Great customer service.They were aware of the problem of there older stems having a little play and admitted it was a design flaw.The newer stems are corrected.Most companies deny it.But i am happy now!!!!!:p

SwainRacing
01-27-2007, 04:02 PM
Hmmm. I may have to give tham a call too!

pudamac12
01-27-2007, 05:31 PM
that is a good thing to hear. a lot of companies wouldn't admit to making a mistake like that.

01-27-2007, 08:10 PM
Thanks GIXXER. I have a 1st generation stem also and I have the same problem. I will be calling them too.

TWISTED
01-27-2007, 08:15 PM
If you guys call LSR to order, ask for Angela Moore Butler. She's the real deal!!! You couldn't ask for a better person to deal with...

GIXXER1KR
01-27-2007, 10:30 PM
Yeah i had posted a post here and had a few replies from others having the same problem.I then emailed LSR the link and he replied and i just called up and it was in the mail a few weeks later.He said the older stems were off by a millimeter or two and the new clamp resolves the issue.Sweet!!Glad to see a company stand by there products!!!

fiveOnick
01-28-2007, 10:08 AM
Does this go for the 250R as well, I have one thats loose at the top and the stocker was tight.

trx450jason
01-28-2007, 11:56 AM
good to hear about a company like this.. makes me glad i just bought their axle

GIXXER1KR
01-28-2007, 02:03 PM
Which 250R not the older 2 stroke is it???If so i doubt it but give em a call!I also have the LSR axle and love it.Beat the hell outta it and keeps asking 4 more!LOL!!:devil:

fiveOnick
01-28-2007, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by GIXXER1KR
Which 250R not the older 2 stroke is it???If so i doubt it but give em a call!I also have the LSR axle and love it.Beat the hell outta it and keeps asking 4 more!LOL!!:devil:

What other 250R is there? I just wondered, if I call them and ask is it supposed to be loose of course they are going to say no you need our clamp. I have some brass shim in it now and its tight.

01-29-2007, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by GIXXER1KR
I got my LSR steering stem clamp and put it on today.I packed the upper bushing with Amsoil waterproof synthetic grease and it is nice!!!!LSR sent me the clamp for free.Great customer service.They were aware of the problem of there older stems having a little play and admitted it was a design flaw.The newer stems are corrected.Most companies deny it.But i am happy now!!!!!:p

GIXXER your the man. My FREE clamp to fix the play is on the way. Thanks again.

I think this need to be a pinned up top.

GIXXER1KR
01-29-2007, 03:01 PM
Well i got a Quadracer a lot of people call a LT 250R and sometimes mistake it for that well know honda that brought us the 450R!!!.All i know is the TRX stem is a design flaw with the metal they use.It came up 1 or 2mm shy.So the clamp is a fix.Its nice and tight now.Even if the stem itself was to groove i think you'd be able to sand or file a little of the clamp and it would tighten up the tolerances!!!!;) And your welcome trxracer.Thank the site.I did a search and seen others complaining so i did a post and a few people had the same problem and posted.So i emailed LSR a link to it so i guess if the calls keep rolling in LSR will be making some more clamps!!!:devil:

SwainRacing
01-29-2007, 05:46 PM
Mine is on the way now. Should have it by the end of the week.

02-06-2007, 02:17 PM
Got mine yesterday. No more play......SWEET!!

Thanks again GIXXER

SwainRacing
02-06-2007, 03:48 PM
Got mine, will install later this week.