PDA

View Full Version : jetting Q's

underpowered
01-27-2007, 03:20 PM
i think i got it pretty much figured out, just looking for a second opinion.

My bike ran great over the summer, it was great. well i rebuilt it int eh fall, had some issues with it. well got it back together again today, and now the jetting seems off. I know the temp difference mad a change, but it seems backwards.

it has a horrilbe low end bog, and wont hardly idle, but seems OK on top end. i just had the head ported and polished on it. the jetting seems rich,but all the conditions should have leaned it out? so i did a plug check on top end and came back with a perfect colored plug, like cardboard colored. jetting seems rich, should be lean but checks good? i am gonna lean it out a bit all around later on and see if that helps but any tips would be great.

Old Head
01-27-2007, 03:34 PM
Well if your color is good on topend or wot then it doesn't sound like your main jet. You can plug check the other positons the same way you do wot. Just hold bike at 1/4 throttle then check plug. Same for 1/4 to 3/4. I know the cold leans my bike out but it has to be below 20 degrees before i have to put my lid back on to richen it up.

Eviltanker
01-27-2007, 03:35 PM
Try a plug chop on the mid and low.

underpowered
01-27-2007, 03:49 PM
i am gonna try that, but it also feels sluggish on top to even though the plug reads good. it jsut does not feel the same as when i last rode it, but it has been a while. i know the jetting is off, i am gonna take it to the shop and mess with it down there. that way i can jsut keep changing jets out and fine tune it the way i need it with everything on hand.