PDA

View Full Version : custom bumber

suzukigirl
01-27-2007, 11:47 AM
i want to build a custom bumper for my z.....but i don't know what i want it to look like exactly....if anyone else has built their own bumper can you post some pics of it....thanks

CRich[814]
01-27-2007, 02:37 PM
a custom bumper would be fresh. it's mostlikely not worth it. it would look like hell and the finish would suck unless you spent a ton of time on it and you might as well just buy ac racing one or something of that nature.

30liveStar
01-27-2007, 03:31 PM
If you had a decent metal fabricator/welder at your disposal - anything like the Blingstar Iron cross, ect would be an "easy" job... More time consuming than anything else...

I would rather have a custom bumper, but maybe thats just me?

Ruby Soho
01-27-2007, 03:54 PM
i agree with the person above, if you did something that doesnt require pipe bending, and you can just cut/weld aluminum into a cool design it would work out good

440racer66
01-27-2007, 08:44 PM
theres a guy on here that made a pretty cool one i think it would be bad to have a one off bumper

suzukigirl
01-27-2007, 11:48 PM
see i want a project to do for my metal shop...so i was thinking to make a bumper...but something easy to make that won't require a tone of welding (this project being my first attempt at welding)...i really like the blingstar bumpers but want more of a custom look...anyone have any pictures?

Ruby Soho
01-28-2007, 07:50 AM
you could take the ac style bumper, and make it with no bends, just a V, and have the mudscreen type stuff in it like AC does, but in the middle put the suzuki Z or something?

just a suggestion