PDA

View Full Version : Outlaw wheels and paddles?

smokinwrench
01-27-2007, 06:57 AM
What have you experienced Outlaw owners decided is the best paddle and wheel.

I have to get new ones sicne I run 8" on my Predator. I have 9 paddle haulers right now and would like to try something in a v paddle design but I still want to be able to drag half way decent.

Also my dealer told me about Dycorp is where they got there last set of paddles for thir outlaw. They have a big offset but not as much as stock tires but the inner bell of the wheel is huge compared to the outside.

Are you ordering outlaw wheels for the front or using yamaha wheels? I am a tight ***** and would rather buy some used yamaha wheels but will the offset be ok?

My 525 got shipped on the 24th and should be here middle of next week they said.

calds650
01-27-2007, 08:01 AM
On the outlaw the smallest wheel you can use is 9 inch Dia, DWT now makes 9 and 10 inch wheels for the Outlaw. You can only run 20 inch tall tires with the heel guards on. The fronts are Yamaha bolt pattern and rib front tires are a must if you like too turn:D My outlaw had a big push in the corners till I but some ITP Sand Stars on.

Evasiveone
01-27-2007, 08:20 AM
Same boat here.

Rocky Mountain carries both the 9" and 10" Douglas rim for the Outlaw.

I cannot decide between the Skat-Trak Edge and the ITP Sand Star. Any suggestions?

calds650
01-27-2007, 08:33 AM
I am running ITP Sand Stars now and the work for me. I wish I had gotten the 22X8X10 fronts the 21X7X10 work but if you get in too some soft sand they will dig in some.

smokinwrench
01-27-2007, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Evasiveone
Same boat here.

Rocky Mountain carries both the 9" and 10" Douglas rim for the Outlaw.

I cannot decide between the Skat-Trak Edge and the ITP Sand Star. Any suggestions?

RMATV is temporarliy out of stock on outlaw wheels, that is what the website said last night.

As for your paddle question I had 20x10x10 10 paddle edge on my predator. My theory was that if I had them it would hook up near as well as an 8 paddle hauler and still turn on a dime. I was dead wrong they were terrible might as well have had knobbies on. My predator is piped and runs damn good, I was getting outran by a stock banshee. Next trip I had my haulers and outran the same banshee by 3-4 bike lenghts.

Also "THE TRAKKER" paddles are horrible.

With that being said that is why I am leary of going away from haulers. I have wasted way to much coin trying other paddles.

calds650
01-27-2007, 03:21 PM
10 paddles way too much 8 max 6 would have been better

smokinwrench
01-27-2007, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by calds650
10 paddles way too much 8 max 6 would have been better

So do you think a 7 paddle edge would out perform a set of sand stars?

I want a tire that will drag race good but yet allow me to side hill easily and run high speed trails without having to throw the rear of the quad around.

I have heard good things about sand skates but have never ran a set. I friends that run sand sharks and really like them, I borrowed a set when I had my 400ex and they worked great on it.