View Full Version : Need the certificate of orgin or a title

ice4me
01-26-2007, 08:19 PM
My atv was stolen. I had insurance and they settled with me. Here is the problem. It was a big mistake that wouldnt happen again but I bought it from a guy that worked to a dealership. He shipped me the ATV and when I asked about the bill of sale, he said he could write me up one but I never got back to him on that so I dont have that .. or the certificate of origin.

Now I am needing the certificate of orgin or title in order for my insurance company to settle with me. The thing is .. the guy who I bought it from no longer owns the dealership and the new ownership doesnt have any info because they are in a new system and on top of that .. the guy sold it to my off consignment, so basicaly he is just the middle man. I got a police report. Is there anyway I can get a title or obtain the certificate of origin in my name?

Again .. I know I didnt buy it stolen because I bought it from the owner of a dealership.

csimp3
01-26-2007, 09:07 PM
when i was selling one of my old dirtbikes, i realized i had nothing also, and i called my local dealership and they said, they could write me something up, maybe you should just try to contact the old owner, and see if he can help you out

ice4me
01-26-2007, 09:19 PM
Sorry I didnt post this but .. I have no contact for the owner of the dealership when I bought it. Its new ownership and they have no contact for the previous owner.

csimp3
01-26-2007, 09:45 PM
im guessing its not local since you said it was shipped, but do you at least have the name of the guy? maybe you could find him that way, at least an address, or an e-mail, did the new owners get rid of all the salesmen and mechanics? someone has to know the old owner, or if nothing else, go to one of your local dealerships, and ask if there is any possible way that they can get you one, cause i know when i needed to get one for my ktm, he said he was gonna have to get one sent from ktm, so maybe a local dealership can help you out

ice4me
01-26-2007, 09:55 PM
Aight thanks man .. I will look into a dealership. The new owner had a contact for the previous owner but he said the cell number he has for him doesnt work anymore. I already tried talking to everyone in there. They dont know. And I know his name. And I already spent hours searching for him.