PDA

View Full Version : How do I keep my skid plate from vibrating

damian600
01-26-2007, 08:19 PM
Is there anything I could do to keep my skid plate from making so much noise from vibrations.

csimp3
01-26-2007, 09:01 PM
i read in a magazine that you should get some double sided foam tape, and put it wherever your skidplate may hit your frame or anything else

oldskoolex400
01-27-2007, 09:42 AM
yep thats how you do it ^^^ i had to do that on my 400ex ac racing belly skid

katch26
01-27-2007, 09:48 AM
double sided tape on peices that you dont have to remove often

single sided tape on chassis skids and such that come off often, or insulating tape (like window weatherstripping)

wanta450
01-27-2007, 05:07 PM
truck cap foam is awesome stuff IMO

Honda#4
01-27-2007, 06:26 PM
Rubber flat washers work very well

ShiftFMX
01-27-2007, 06:33 PM
I just actually got inside from doing the weather strip thing. I just took off my skid, and cleaned up my frame on the bottom and put some where ever the Skid and the frame and the skid come in contact with each other.

If you do this, don't forget about the little piece of frame closest to the swinger. I noticed the skid plate didn't rest on it but I believe that is where the vibration was coming from, there was a little bit of paint rubbed off from the bottom edge of the skid.

awsomeaussies
01-27-2007, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by ShiftFMX
I just actually got inside from doing the weather strip thing. I just took off my skid, and cleaned up my frame on the bottom and put some where ever the Skid and the frame and the skid come in contact with each other.

If you do this, don't forget about the little piece of frame closest to the swinger. I noticed the skid plate didn't rest on it but I believe that is where the vibration was coming from, there was a little bit of paint rubbed off from the bottom edge of the skid.

Yup I used weather stripping too. Don't get the double sticky side... then you can never take your skid off without replacing the stripping.

Old Head
01-28-2007, 06:29 AM
maybe if you had an old bike tire tube you could cut it into strips. I'd think it would last longer than foam.