PDA

View Full Version : Raptor 80 for 7yr. old?

Toyuzu
01-26-2007, 07:24 PM
I'm about to pick up a new Big Bear, and I found out I can get a deal on a Raptor 80 for my son thrown in as well. I've been talking about getting him started riding for a year now and I'd love to take the opportunity. He's 7 and he's never ridden. Are the speed limiters adequate for a first time rider? I know they have both an intake plate and an adjustable throttle. I'd much rather go with the 80 because it seems to be a better bike all-around and something he can grow with. But I have no experience with the smaller bikes. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

quaddad#123
01-27-2007, 05:22 AM
my 9 year old daughter has a raptor 80 and does fine on it.
my son had it before her, it has been a great quad very reliable.

Toyuzu
01-27-2007, 09:06 AM
Thanks quaddad! I should find out for sure what kind of deal they want to give me today. Hopefully I can pick them up this afternoon. Just waiting for them to install the winch and snowplow on the Big Bear. :cool:

smashmetal
05-28-2007, 08:07 PM
I purchased my sons 80 last year, it was his first quad too. He is 6 now and the only down side to the machine was it is a very narrow quad. It was easly fixed with some wheel spacers. It was hard for him to shift to but a new set of boots fixed that as well. We spend 90% of our time in the dunes and the little machine has really proved it's self!