PDA

View Full Version : Selling quad?

Architects
01-26-2007, 06:27 PM
I really need to start saving some money to move out eventually and the way im spenindg money its just not happening. From my knowledge of dirtbikes are way cheaper to set up for racing. Revalve the suspension and maybe a set of bars. Nothing like a quad or am I mistaken? Should I stick with the quad?

Family Guy
01-26-2007, 06:38 PM
No mistake. Bikes are definitely cheaper to race than quads. I have years of racing both. If its pennies you are pinching. Bikes are the way to go. Not cheap by no means. Just less than quads.

Architects
01-26-2007, 06:58 PM
Thats the way I'm looking at it. All I want to do is ride and right now I spend more time saving for parts than riding.

A bike might need a few parts but mothing like a quad

1fst400
01-26-2007, 07:18 PM
depends on what class you want to race in

You can race in a production class easily with a stock quad. You have to spend mabie 400 on misc stuff tho.

or you can race in an open class and spend 20k on it.

Im not shure, but I bet it is the same for the bikes.

Architects
01-26-2007, 07:43 PM
What's considered stock? I have many friend that race bikes in Mx and they dont have near the amount of money in my quad. Ive got a little under 2k and it still looks stock!

1fst400
01-27-2007, 06:12 AM
in the production class around me they allow

tires and wheels I think
a high comp piston for some reason
handle bars.
nerf bars
I cant remember everything But alot of ppl pull in brand new completely stock quads. exception of nerfs and teather.