PDA

View Full Version : check out my new tires

quadfamily
09-26-2002, 10:31 AM
here's a picture of my 300EX with my new Razr-MX's. It handles extremely well with the new fronts. It just goes whatever way you point the front tires now. I can take turns so much faster now. I can also take the inside line on a turn now where before I would always have to take the outside line because the tires just wouldn't hold the inside. The tires I took off were the original front tires and they still had alot of tread but the knobs were all rounded off and it would just keep going straight when I would try to turn. Unbelievable difference! I just wanted to hear what people think about the way they look on my quad. Let me know. Thanks!

quadfamily
09-26-2002, 10:32 AM
picture 2 of 3

quadfamily
09-26-2002, 10:32 AM
picture 3 of 3

lil400exman
09-26-2002, 10:34 AM
nice cuth the front fenders and get some 20inch baks (razrs) and you wil have a trick quad but it look good right now!:macho

09-26-2002, 11:10 AM
Looks good I think,,,my next set of front MX tires will be maxxis too..:D

JabberJaw
09-26-2002, 11:20 AM
This looks better:

Ex_Rider43
09-26-2002, 11:46 AM
nice tires. is it a 400ex front end??

kc 300EX
09-26-2002, 01:16 PM
Heya, Looks pretty nice! Is that a county park upper shock mount? or did you make it? Ive been wanting to get the 400A-arms and shocks but would much rather make my own mount simply because I have access and wouldnt have to dish out the 100 bucks or whatever it is.
Looks good though!

Live2Ride300
09-26-2002, 01:19 PM
Thats sweet, my next tires will most likely be razrs, nice front end, you make the mount yourself?

quadfamily
09-26-2002, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the compliment lil400EXman but those ARE 20"X11"X8" 4ply Razr's on the back! I definately won't be cutting the front fenders though. My personal preference is full fenders, I can't stand riding with cut fenders. Maybe you're used to looking at 18" back tires? I think Maxxis makes a MX rear tire in 18" height now. That's probably too small for me though.

Jabberjaw, thanks for fixing the color but my shed is GREY! I took that picture when it was dusk and used the little flash on my digital camera. I guess that's why the colors didn't come out too good? How did you fix the color? Try the second picture, maybe you can tell the color of my riding pants hanging on the inside of the shed door????

And to answer the other questions: Yes it's a 400EX front end, a-arms, tie rods and shocks. I used a Durablue front lowering kit which I drilled two more holes in so it could raise the upper shock mount a little more. So now my springs aren't compressed at all to get on. I think I paid around $60 for the Durablue lowering kit. I went with the tiny MX front tires just to lower the front end a bit bacause it really sat high with the 400EX shocks and the stock 22" tires. The MX-Razr's are 20" so it sits an inch lower now and looks alot better in my opinion.

Thanks for the input guys and keep em coming!

JabberJaw
09-26-2002, 05:08 PM
but my shed is GREY

Shhhh.... I was just messing around!

kc 300EX
09-26-2002, 05:15 PM
I see where you drilled the holes now..............im curious, Do you think that it stands too high now?
If the shock was mounted too high then the frame would hit the ground before the shocks bottomed(kinda like on a Raptor) So If I ever build a mount I have to make sure that doesnt happen.
Anyone know the height of the frame from the ground when the shock is bottomed? on a stock 300EX anyways? and the measurement of a bottomed out stock 400EX shock?

quadfamily
09-26-2002, 08:14 PM
KC300EX,
No I don't think it stands too high now. I thought it stood too high with the stock front tires. The diameter of the new tires is 2" smaller than the stock ones so it stands an inch lower now. Actually I think the back sits too LOW if anything. If I back it up to my sons 250X (with the same 20" Razr rear tires) my grab bar is below his. I don't know exactly how much lower because I didn't measure it but it's enough to bug me. And there's no way the frame will hit the ground before the shocks bottom out.

quadfamily
09-26-2002, 08:20 PM
Darn you Jabberjaw, now I'm going to have to paint my shed!

Nausty
09-26-2002, 08:45 PM
guess who else got tires:D