PDA

View Full Version : help a racer out

RobertM
09-26-2002, 09:01 AM
when it comes to slip-ons for a future400ex mx racer, which means i want more bottom end &mid range, which would be best : big gun race, white brothers r4, or yoshi rs3? i heard that the yoshi had a bad *** sound but was more of a top end pipe. also, that the big gun was awesome in sound as is the r4 but, the big gun gave the best bottom end...............it looks steet to with that ceramic coating, but how does that stuff hold up?.............................................an y help would be great :D

09-26-2002, 09:03 AM
I'd be interested to know as well - I just bought my ex 2 weeks ago and want to get a pipe

UglyMotha™
09-26-2002, 09:14 AM
i find that when i ride naked, i get more bottem end torque:huh

if your looking at white brothers go with the e-series rather than the r4 if your looking for more bottom end, plus it's adjustable

Razorback
09-26-2002, 09:59 AM
the big gun is a nice pipe. you didn't mention the wb e-series. i think it's a great choice for bottom and mid-range.

VegasEx'r
09-26-2002, 10:05 AM
I have been happy with my Big Bun pipe. It does give you good bottom end.

DarkStarRacing
09-26-2002, 11:25 AM
if your serious about racing then go with LRD or curtis sparks, the slip ons you listed are the most popular but not the best shop around and look at people sigs and ask how they like whatever it is that there rockin, don't go mainstream..good luck

((DSR))

400exTN
09-26-2002, 12:38 PM
The Big Gun and White Bros E-Series are good low end pipes. I would wait to determine if you are going have a 416, 426, or 440 kit installed before making a selection. From what I understand the Curtis Sparks and LRD will out perform any of the others if you have one of the three kits installed.

Razorback
09-26-2002, 01:00 PM
the LRD and CS pipes work best with built motors. the exception is one of the CS pipes x-4 or x-6, i don't recall which, that works good with a stock motor. for the most part these pipes are designed to work with higher output motors, whereas the more common slip-on pipes (big gun, WB, etc.) are specifically designed to work well with stock motors with jetting/air intake changes.

09-26-2002, 01:20 PM
I like this setup,,,It seems to work well...:devil

Texan32
09-26-2002, 02:26 PM
Rico...what is that terrible odor coming from your quad......Oh, it that "DIRTWHEELS" sticker on your air scoops. :eek: I hope those cons are paying you to advertise for them.:p

phatswinn
09-26-2002, 02:52 PM
the stickers are $3.....common rico dont pay them for ur stickers
engine builders pipes are what ya want for racing, i think any of them will work, ive got a wb e-series pro meg, i didnt get much more power from it but it sounds mint