PDA

View Full Version : CMT's coming out with a Dale Earnhardt movie

redlineranger
01-25-2007, 08:27 PM
well i'm a nascar fan myself, and see there a few nascar threads goin on now with the fantasy racing deal. so i thought i'd share about CMT's new movie to be released sometime here in 07 "Dale"... i seen the trailer on the link posted below, and it will be nothing like "3" was on espn. no characters portrayin him. its all strictly dale earnhardt in it. just thought someone would like to see this. looks to be a good movie.

www.dalethemovie.com

ShiftFMX
01-25-2007, 09:19 PM
Looks like an awesome movie...probably gonna be a tear jerker too...lol.

You think they'll show the crash?

byrdman37876
01-26-2007, 12:54 AM
well i am a fan since 94 of ( god rest his soul ).old # 3. i hope they don't show the wreck that took his life and the race away from ever one. he was brutal when he drove and made it what nascar is today.

he never held back and always took ever race as his own challenge. in my opioion he was the best in the sport there was.
not because he won a lot but because he loved what he did and he was good at what he loved.

i watched that race that day and seen the end. i never want to see that again and i am sure his loved ones think the same.

Outlaw 50
01-26-2007, 03:44 AM
Gotta see that! He was the greatest!

The epitome of the American dream. He came from nothing and made it big!

Raptor68
01-26-2007, 06:19 AM
Yeah, it looks like it's gonna be good. I didn't realize it was going to be in theaters. Cool it's coming to Indy.

ATV Chic
01-26-2007, 09:12 AM
My hero! I can't wait!

ZSNOW
01-26-2007, 09:30 AM
man i remember watching that crash with my dad as they covered up his death for 5 hours then finally anounced him dead...he was the best driver ever i think if he was alive now he would still dominate imo.

but that movie looks like a good one...i have the movie "3" and i think it was not even a good enough movie to be about his life imo

but ya can't wait

p.s man do i feel bad for the earnhardt family

SRH
01-26-2007, 03:43 PM
i liked that movie 3, im not into nascar but that movie was awesome...

bulkdriverlp
01-26-2007, 07:11 PM
thats bull that they say nascar is not a sport. the biggest fan base and the most loyal fans of any SPORT. 8 years ago i said "i dont see what the big deal is cars going in circles" been a stewart fan since '00. anyhow i would like to see that movie, will be cool im sure..

redlineranger
01-26-2007, 08:43 PM
yea i laugh at people who think nascar isnt a sport. not saying i could do it, but i'd like to see them sit in a 140+ degrees heat box, and race 500 miles... and lost 6-8 pounds a race.

but i deffinately know it will jerk some tears from the true earnhardt fans, the trailer was pretty damn good, i know the movie will be. and if you watch the trailer it stops after the fatal daytona crash... im sure it will be in there. i remember that day 6 years ago. happened february 18, 2001 of course... i had a awesome feelin about that race. it happened to be my grannys birthday so that had me in a even greater mood. and watchin him barely miss one of the biggest pile ups in daytona history, to 20 laps later losing his life on wrecks that made those look like fender benders compared to some of his worse one. i remember watchin the press conference when mike helton announced we've lost dale earnhardt, and im pretty sure that was the hardest thing he had ever done, for it took him forever to get it out of his mouth. it just sucks that he had to go that way... dale earnhardt was my hero and still is honestly, and i still get bummed when i go to nascar races and think, i wish dale sr. was racin. i never got to see him in one, and that was deffinately one of my goals, to see him, and meet him. but unfortunatley it didnt happen... RIP #3

ilpadrino113
01-27-2007, 09:53 AM
ESPN came out with one called 3 a couple years ago.

Now i love racing and go to local tracks and watch NASCAR every chance i get, but i just laugh when people think its a sport. i know how hot it gets and how hard it is, but come on a sport?

Take any other sport, say football. You play on a team that isn't pro, and your an amature. You and your friends just mess around on a field with a pickup game or something and your still an athlete. If you drive your car around, even competetively, it doesn't make you an athlete.

As said i do love racing but i thought this was funny:
Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks

redlineranger
01-27-2007, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by ilpadrino113
ESPN came out with one called 3 a couple years ago.

Now i love racing and go to local tracks and watch NASCAR every chance i get, but i just laugh when people think its a sport. i know how hot it gets and how hard it is, but come on a sport?

Take any other sport, say football. You play on a team that isn't pro, and your an amature. You and your friends just mess around on a field with a pickup game or something and your still an athlete. If you drive your car around, even competetively, it doesn't make you an athlete.

As said i do love racing but i thought this was funny:
Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks

right:rolleyes: .... so i guess motocross, and other types of racing arent athletic sports either?

ZSNOW
01-27-2007, 06:14 PM
nascar is as much of a sport as everything else u have to train just like everything else....if u don't think so then thats ur opinion but they train all the time to sit in a 160 degree car for 4 hours

ilpadrino113
01-27-2007, 06:39 PM
I'm not saying it's not hard or demanding, of course it is. I just don't see it as a sport.

I don't mean to offend anyone, it's just my opinion.

i just feel that anything requiring the manipulation of a machine is not a sport. What they're doing is making the car react to what they want. To manipulate a mechanical devise i just don't see as athletic. the circumstances in which you manipulate that machine should not anythin to do with it.

ZSNOW
01-27-2007, 06:42 PM
I'm not saying it's not hard or demanding, of course it is. I just don't see it as a sport.

i just feel that anything requiring the manipulation of a machine is not a sport. What they're doing is making the car react to what they want. To manipulate a mechanical devise i just don't see as athletic. the circumstances in which you manipulate that machine should not anythin to do with it.

quading is not a sport?that uses a machine...but all the racers who ride quads train all off season parts of the year to race the next season

SRH
01-27-2007, 06:44 PM

thats the dumbest thing ive heard, the rest of the "sports" your manipulating a ball

blasterfreak99
01-27-2007, 06:51 PM
i am only 14 years old and i am a huge earnhardt fan. i was at the talledega fall race in '00 when he won his last race. it was also the first race i had been too. i think that it was his year to win another championship.it had been awhile since he had won one and he was starting to get good with his crew chief.

redlineranger
01-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by blasterfreak99
i am only 14 years old and i am a huge earnhardt fan. i was at the talledega fall race in '00 when he won his last race. it was also the first race i had been too. i think that it was his year to win another championship.it had been awhile since he had won one and he was starting to get good with his crew chief.

i remember watchin that race and i was estatic watching him work his plate racing magic. what was it 18th to 1st in 4 laps for the win, thats what you call experience and knowing how to work the draft. and to top it all off there was quite the pile up as they crossed the line.

i think 2001 would have been his year. and i still think he would be dominant today, even though he'd be in the mid 50's.

i seriously cant wait for this movie to come out.;)

blasterfreak99
01-27-2007, 08:05 PM
yeah i was tight after turn 4. that was amazing coming from that far back and taking the win. i remember that someone protested and he passed the inspection(of course). i don't think he ever cheated. i don't like how that after he died everyone suddenly became a "fan" and bought all of his mercandise before they stopped selling it.

redlineranger
01-27-2007, 08:09 PM
nah he would never cheat. earnhardt could take a pile of crap, and put it in victory lane. it didnt matter to him. and thats what i liked about him. he just didnt give a damn. i remember the 1997 daytona 500. jeff gordon kind of blocked him and dale jarrett tagged him and it sent him into the wall flippin. it finally landed back on all 4's and he got out to see if it had wheels on it, and drove that sum b*tch to the finish lol. thats a true racer for ya right there. i sure do wish he was still racin

ZSNOW
01-27-2007, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by blasterfreak99
yeah i was tight after turn 4. that was amazing coming from that far back and taking the win. i remember that someone protested and he passed the inspection(of course). i don't think he ever cheated. i don't like how that after he died everyone suddenly became a "fan" and bought all of his mercandise before they stopped selling it.

well i bought the merchendise when i was little(die cast cars and stuff) most of that merchendis is missing wheels and stuff lol barried in the front year

440racer66
01-27-2007, 09:53 PM
i hope they do him justice he was a great man but i think it is a sport
and if manipulatin a ball makes you and athlete then most teenage boys train in there bathrooms with a playboy magazine haha

redlineranger
01-27-2007, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by 440racer66
i hope they do him justice he was a great man but i think it is a sport
and if manipulatin a ball makes you and athlete then most teenage boys train in there bathrooms with a playboy magazine haha

yea pretty much... if playing with balls, like footballs, and baseballs, or soccer balls:o makes you an athelete, then drivin a damn race car make you an athelete... i dont see the point of some sports, but i dont rag on them like people do nascar. i guess i was just born on wheels.

but yea 440racer66, this movie will do him justice. if you watch the trailer it pretty much show's scenes from the movie and all that. i gotta feeling its gonna blow 3 out of the water... 3 was a good movie, but its not gonna be as good as dale earnhardt tellin you about dale earnhardt, other than some look a like.

hondardr4life
01-28-2007, 07:41 AM
I was always (and still am) a big Earnhardt fan... I remeber that crash like it was yesterday... It was probablly one of the worst things I have ever had to see when they announced his death.. I thought for sure that was going to be his year to win number 8, and beat out Petty.... I keep rooting for Dale Jr. to win one, and maybe someday become as good as his father, but I know that will never happen.. Even if someone breaks the record of 7 championships, they willnever be as good as Earnhardt...

Some people might disagree with me on this, but I would like to see Jr. drive the black #3 in honor of his dad. Even if it was just for one race.....

blasterfreak99
01-28-2007, 11:07 AM
i heard that jeff gordon said that if he ever wins six then he will just retire because he doesn't think he will ever be as good as dale. that made me like him a lot more than i used to.

redlineranger
01-28-2007, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by hondardr4life
I was always (and still am) a big Earnhardt fan... I remeber that crash like it was yesterday... It was probablly one of the worst things I have ever had to see when they announced his death.. I thought for sure that was going to be his year to win number 8, and beat out Petty.... I keep rooting for Dale Jr. to win one, and maybe someday become as good as his father, but I know that will never happen.. Even if someone breaks the record of 7 championships, they willnever be as good as Earnhardt...

Some people might disagree with me on this, but I would like to see Jr. drive the black #3 in honor of his dad. Even if it was just for one race.....

Dale Jr. is currently fighting with his step mother Theresa over driving the black #3 car(along with several other things).... even though it was richard childress's car, Theresa does not want it to happen. JR has stated he wants to win multiple championships for his DEI, and of course alot of wins. and in the twilight of his career wants to leave to Childress to drive the #3. i dont see why theresa doesnt want it to happen, it would be in honor of her deceased husband, and should welcome the idea because dale jr. just wants to drive his dad's car. JR and Childress talked about it, and as far as i remember childress said he would deffinately be willing to work on that project, but Theresa said she will fight it to the end.:ermm:

about jeff gordon i dont know if he'll retire if he gets 6 ships'.... i used to hate jeff gordon, but i like the way he's changed his attitude lately. he doesnt take any bull no more, like the matt kenseth war last year, i loved watching every minute of them wreck each other in 2 or 3 races.

hondardr4life
01-28-2007, 04:57 PM
I would just absolutely love to see the black #3 out on the track again.. That would send shivers down my spine...

I've always hated Gordon too, but if he did say that, I now have a lot more respect for him.. How many championships does he have?

ZSNOW
01-28-2007, 05:13 PM
u people see that blue collar thing about jeff gordan"why everyone hates jeff gordan"it was wicked funny

but any way can't wait for the movie

ZSNOW
01-28-2007, 05:13 PM
gordon**

DaleJrFan
01-30-2007, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by redlineranger
Dale Jr. is currently fighting with his step mother Theresa over driving the black #3 car(along with several other things).... even though it was richard childress's car.

I don't know where you got your info from but there is no such quarrel between the two of them over the #3 car being on the track. Theresa dosn't have a say in who can or can't drive the car since she only owns the rights to Dale Srs' name. The whole hold up in Jr's contract has to do with the ownership of DEI, driver salary, # of required appearances for DEI (on top of Bud's minimum), and the quality of a race team that she is in control of.