PDA

View Full Version : Tire Opinion's Please

fuddrucker
09-26-2002, 07:20 AM
I know this question has been asked a million times and I did do a search first, but I would still like your thoughts.

I am ready to order a new set of rear tires :p and have narrowed it down to three.

1. Holeshots
2. Holeshot XC
3. Razr's

Ok, now for my questions....:confused:

Are one of these far superior than another? I know the XC version are 6ply, and the Razr's (I think. Correct me if I am wrong), but what I really want to know is which one of the three wear the best.

I just ride trails. Some smooth and some rocky, but not much mud.

Thanks!
:D

cdalejef
09-26-2002, 07:31 AM
I've had the best luck with #2. Wear, traction and puncture resistant.

chavez
09-26-2002, 07:57 AM
i run razor and i know they wear fast 2 or 3 races its time for new shoes. i have run hole shots and i think they last longer grip great. why dont i run them they grip to much for my riding style

Ben
09-26-2002, 08:05 AM
I have always had great luck with Razrs - usually I buy 6plys because I ride in some pretty rocky terrian. I had razrs on the rear of my 400 for a year and they still had excellent tread, trail riding only and one or two races.

exriderdude
09-26-2002, 10:08 AM
if you ride mostly trails then get the XC's, cuz that is what they are made for, they wear slow and are punture resistant

EricB
09-26-2002, 10:17 AM
how do the razrs do for power sliding? they look like they have a ton of side bite.

beerock
09-26-2002, 10:20 AM
fudrucker I PM'd you (private messaged)

if you dont know , go into your usercp to read it.

Ben
09-26-2002, 10:24 AM
The razrs slide great - but they also have plenty of hookup so they don't lose control in a powerslide.

quadfamily
09-26-2002, 10:25 AM
My razrs slide just fine. I never get out of control on a slide either. I didn't get the 6 ply though because I didn't want the extra weight you know with the little 300EX motor I thought it would just be an extra drain on HP. I like mine just fine but I never ran holeshots so I can't compare them for you.

chavez
09-26-2002, 01:27 PM
the power slide action is why i love the razors i had the holeshots grabed to much and i personally didnt thing they cleaned out good held two much mud

Houser Cannondale
09-26-2002, 02:52 PM
the holeshots are a good tire. they will wear longer than razr and probably have a little more bite. the razrs are a little softer compund wear out quicker but are also very good they are both puncture resistant. if you have a bike with a smaller engine like a 300ex id prob get the razrs but for a 400 or something bigger or if you want alot of grip get the holeshots.