PDA

View Full Version : trailtech lights install

450raider
01-25-2007, 12:32 PM
ive got an aftermarket hood and instead of switching hoods and the light for night riding id like to see a front view of some trailtech lights installed sideways in the top-front part of the shrouds, so i dont know if anyones done this or maybe photo shop it?

Scro
01-25-2007, 01:06 PM
What kind of hood do you have? I have seen people use the stock headlight off an '06 450r, and it fit nicely underneath a quad tech hood.

I've also seen people mount the trailtech on the bars and even on the bumper, but never on the frame by the shrouds. I don't see it being problem except for the bumper getting in the way.

450raider
01-25-2007, 05:05 PM
well its a laker custom hood and ive got an 04 so i dont know if the 06 light would work, sounds interesting though, and i didnt mean on the frame, i meant where on the shrouds themselves theres a little groove toward the front with noyhing electrical behind, it and drill through that on each side and bolt the lights in sideways.

450raider
01-26-2007, 04:52 PM
can someone tell me more of this '06 light under the aftermaket hood? (and i would try the trailtech lights in a second but if i didnt like it theres no garantee id get my money back or fill in the holes in my plastic) so the 06 light sounds more safer.

Scro
01-28-2007, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by 450raider
can someone tell me more of this '06 light under the aftermaket hood? (and i would try the trailtech lights in a second but if i didnt like it theres no garantee id get my money back or fill in the holes in my plastic) so the 06 light sounds more safer.

If you can pick up a Dirtwheels from December(I think), there is a picture of a white, and a red 450r with a quadtech and '06 light; if you wanted an idea of what it would look like.