PDA

View Full Version : Not getting e-mail replies to subscribed threads

kook
09-26-2002, 04:29 AM
I subscribe to every thread I post............. But I never get an e-mail notification to any replies. Is this feature disabled, even when I check the "Email Notification" box?

kook@dol.net

Ben
09-26-2002, 03:49 PM
No it works great - check to make sure your email address is correctly listed in your profile page. If that doesn't do it I have no idea what is causing it.

kook
09-26-2002, 06:33 PM
Hey - I got a reply message sent to me. Ok - cool now.

-Mark

Ben
09-26-2002, 08:12 PM
Good to hear to works now :) Hey - I've got to tell you that you keep sending me email spam to my personal email address (from kook@dol.net) and they are trying to infect me with viruses (my antivirus software stops them). It seems your computer might be infected.

kook
09-27-2002, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by maoz
Good to hear to works now :) Hey - I've got to tell you that you keep sending me email spam to my personal email address (from kook@dol.net) and they are trying to infect me with viruses (my antivirus software stops them). It seems your computer might be infected.

WHAT??? I just loaded WinXP on this machine less than a week ago - you're bull****tin' me, right?!!

Ben
09-27-2002, 04:25 AM
Nope - it has happened about 5-6 times so far, the last time (and the first time in a couple weeks) was last night. :( The subject of the email last night was "Suzuki Z400" and the body of the message was empty but it was 125k in size.

kook
09-27-2002, 04:30 AM
Anyone else????

09-27-2002, 11:34 AM
I'd say part of the problem might be that POS operating system XP you just loaded..:eek:

You guys know XP stands for Xtremely Pathetic don't ya..

Pappy
09-27-2002, 12:10 PM
i get the email....i just get booted all the time and get asked for my password? any ideas oh great ones?

Castor-426ex
09-27-2002, 12:12 PM
hey rico I like xp...no crashes...well i havent had one on this computer

Leo
10-12-2002, 07:26 AM
a lot of the new viruses spoof the from address..

it's just as likely that it's coming from someone that has his email addy in his address book (one of his buddies perhaps)..

you guys would be shocked if you saw the number of virus emails I get in a day, and the number of 'hey you mailed me a virus messages'..

go grab a copy of the latest norton internet security suite.. I'd never connect a pc to the net without it..

automatically updates virus definitions, has a great firewall, can fillter pop-ups / banner ads.. about 100 other things, it's great :D

Leo

kook
10-12-2002, 10:32 AM
just installed and ran Norton 2002 - totally clean, as I suspected. So, Ben, it's nothing do do with my 'puter.

So far, I like XP PRO.