PDA

View Full Version : Rev Box Coming out????

400exrider707
01-25-2007, 07:55 AM
I was just thinking about something that happened to me one day at practice and was wondering if it happened to any of you guys ever.

I was riding a track taking some jumps and my quad kinda started cutting out. It was very very faint and only someone who had been riding it for a while would notice it, then it seemed the more I jumped and rode it started cutting out really bad, and started becoming hard to keep running. I pulled up to the truck and though for sure something happend with my filter. (I dont know why?) So I put a clean one on...no change, started up and as soon as I hit the gas or it ran for more than 5 seconds it shut off. I put the lid on...even worse.

I get down on the ground looking towards the front and here is my rev box dangling down against the frame hanging by the wires its connected to. It was still connected, but obviously not fully. I pushed it together as hard as possible, and it started up and ran perfect. After taking the hood off I realized that it basically just sits down in its little rubber casing and isn't really held in anyway. Maybe its supposed to be though? I dont know. Anyways I zip tied mine down in there and had my buddies do the same.

Anyone else ever have this happen?

Jersey450R
01-25-2007, 08:42 AM
ziptie or tape it in there.
while your at it, ziptie your seat latch also.

the rubber casing in there gets weathered and the rubber looses its elasticity making it not fit nicely.

400exrider707
01-25-2007, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Jersey450R
ziptie or tape it in there.
while your at it, ziptie your seat latch also.

the rubber casing in there gets weathered and the rubber looses its elasticity making it not fit nicely.

Ive yet to have that happen or even see it happen. My rev box is already zip tied in now, but I never understood why it would or should pop out in the first place.

Im not really sure what part you are talking about on the seat....My rubber pieces generally dont weather very fast, my whole quad is stored in a heated garage.

nowukno
01-25-2007, 09:16 AM
Not really that related but i remember my first trip to a mx track 2 years ago. I rode great all day and got a little cocky , i overshot the biggest table top they had. When i landed i bent my stock bars as far they would go , my cdi flew out & my hood went flying. It was extremely embarrassing. :ermm:

400exrider707
01-25-2007, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by nowukno
Not really that related but i remember my first trip to a mx track 2 years ago. I rode great all day and got a little cocky , i overshot the biggest table top they had. When i landed i bent my stock bars as far they would go , my cdi flew out & my hood went flying. It was extremely embarrassing. :ermm:

Not really all that unrelated.... I still dont understand why Honda would make it so that it flops right out like that.... there must be a reason.

ricks450
01-25-2007, 03:03 PM
they put in rubber for a shock mount. to elimadate vibration on the curcuit board in side. to keep the solder form braking loose on the PC board. hopes this helps. dont under stand why they didnt make it mount up better thow. they should of put some kind of rubber strap with clips on it or some thing to keep it from coming out. :)

JW450R1
01-25-2007, 05:20 PM
well i was at a mx track in october.went threw a little puddle and pulled up on the front end while i was going threw it.ever since my 450r started poping,breaking up at high rrr's.i kept on riding to make the day,and then it just died before a big table top.it ended up being the rev.box.my rev. box was white brothers.the rubber gromet is really suppose to take the shock to the board,but it does get weathered and out of shape.honda is really starting to get tricky with what they cover under warrenty.a lot of it turns to CASH and not under warrenty.no matter what i'm still a honda lover:)

rollie
01-25-2007, 06:01 PM
that happened all the time on my 300ex, it sucked,i ended up ziptieing it

400exrider707
01-26-2007, 10:23 AM
I understand it being in the rubber casing, but why not strap a little piece of rubber over the top to keep it from coming out? I dont get it. At least Im not the only one it has happened too, but it just doesn't seem all that common either. I want people to know about this so it doesn't happen to them. If it cut out on the take off of a jump it could be very bad.:ermm: