PDA

View Full Version : Trump sued for flying American flag!!!

woodsman250r
01-24-2007, 10:37 PM
I am not saying that I am a fan of Donald Trump but I have to respect him for his stand on this issue. Also I am disgusted that people living in America would actually sue another American over flying an American flag. This is a slap in the face to our great country, and also to countless men and women in the armed forces that faught and are fighting to make our country what it is today. I would like to tell every one of those rich pricks that this is America, either LOVE it or LEAVE it!!! UNREAL!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,245019,00.html

Punk'd
01-24-2007, 10:45 PM
WOW:rolleyes:

firefighterjosh
01-24-2007, 11:33 PM
Well Its good he is flying the american flag but instead of spending all that dang money why don't he just put up another pole up to city laws and be done with it.:ermm: IMO

250r4life
01-25-2007, 12:07 AM
stuff like this really sets me off... like i am sincerely pissed off over this...

i would love to put the noses of a lot of idiots through the back of their heads... i had the opportunity to live in Brazil for over a year, and my appreciation for the USA sure was a lot greater when i got back then when i left, although i was pretty patriotic before i ever left...

250r4life
01-25-2007, 12:09 AM
i am a pretty laid back guy for the most part... pretty easy going... however, there are just a handfull of things that i am passionate about, and those few things i am very passionate about...

1- quading/duning
2- football
3- religion
4-patriotism

not neccessarily in that order..

mxdad
01-25-2007, 04:55 AM
Seems to me he is just flying it too high??? How about getting a 42' flag pole which is legal there instead of an 80' flag pole??? Maybe there is a reson for the ordinance that says they can only be 42' high???

400exrider707
01-25-2007, 06:17 AM
I see where you guys are coming from, but come on, the guys an idiot, why would you put something up that big without checking zoning regulations first? What a moron.

Why should he be allowed to break the rules? 42' pole and he can still fly it, its not like hes being sued for actually flying an american flag, its the size of the pole its on.:rolleyes:

Villageidiott23
01-25-2007, 06:22 AM
haha........ the size of the pole........eh...

sly400ex
01-25-2007, 10:26 AM
Yeah, I don't think it's an issue of the flag, it's an issue of having an 80ft. pole where it is zoned to have only a 42 footer.

Just because he has money and fame doesn't give him the right to do whatever he wants.:macho

NorCalRacer
01-25-2007, 10:36 AM
The exact same case was brought agaist a contracter in the city of Ukiah, right next to me, for his flag. He flew it at about 50 feet, I think he just had to lower his flagpole a few feet. It was about building codes, safety issues and view encroachment, nothing at all to do with the flag. I think the flag should be waved proudly by everyone, but it shouldn't stand for "code exempt". I would be pissed if someone took my protected view away with a hundred foot tall flag, any nationality.

01-25-2007, 10:37 AM
zoneing restricts are so stupid sometimes, with my work they hound us for every single little thing that dont even matter...

NorCalRacer
01-25-2007, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Honda86
zoneing restricts are so stupid sometimes, with my work they hound us for every single little thing that dont even matter...

Funny, where I live they protect the quality of the neighborhood. And when the cheapest house in this area starts at a quarter of a million(the one I am buying) I would want the quality of my property maintained, part of which is maintaining the zoning rules that prevent my neighbors from building "vegas" next to me. Remember, zoning is there for the good of a whole neighborhood/community, not necessarily for the benefit of any one person.

gbcap
01-25-2007, 10:43 AM
i hope he looses his suit and i hope they up the fine. just because he is flying an american flag he doesn't get to break the rules. the rules state a 42 foot pole...why should he get to have a 60 ft pole instead?

just cause he has money he thinks he can get away with anything. the zoning is there for a reason, and i bet you they will let him get away with it just because he filed a suit against them. they will bow down to him for fear of loosing the 25 mil which is bull crap.

DONALD TRUMP IS AN ARSEHOLE AND HE DESERVES EVERYTHING THAT COMES HIS WAY!! UP THE FINE TO 80K A DAY AND TAKE HIS SORRY ARSE TO COURT.

bwamos
01-25-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by mxdad
Seems to me he is just flying it too high??? How about getting a 42' flag pole which is legal there instead of an 80' flag pole??? Maybe there is a reson for the ordinance that says they can only be 42' high???

Yup,
He simply violated the zoning ordinances in the city.

I garauntee he's using it as a giant billboard to say hey look at me.. you want to come to my club!

He knew the building codes when he built the thing.. he can fix it.

It's no different than building a 40 story neon sign in downtown aspen.

I garuntee he went to the zoning commitee to get a variance, and they denied him, because he didn't have a legitimate reason to need one that tall (other than advertisment). And, he decided to build it anyway in defiance.

That being said.. I'm all about flying a flag. But, intentionally defying the building code for free publicity is a disgrace.

I have no respect for that man either. One of the most crooked and worst businessmen on the face of the earth. He's filed bankruptcy more times than all the contestants on wheel of fortune combined. He plays the system that is designed to protect you and I in order to gain personal wealth and stature at the expense of business ethics and common decency.