PDA

View Full Version : Work out plans

400exMO
01-24-2007, 09:12 PM
Hey I've been starting to work out hard again and I'm looking for some good workout plans. I'm taking protein and working out 5 nights a week. I am wanting weight and bulk everywhere on my body. I would like to gain around 30 lbs.

Does anybody have a good 5 day muscle building workout plan?

ps. I do go to a big gym with tons of machines, so any lift is possible.

nowukno
01-25-2007, 05:57 AM
I you wanna get bulky use heavier weights.

derekhonda
01-25-2007, 06:25 AM
day 1 legs
day 2 chest/tri
day 3 back/bi
day 4 off
day 5 legs
day 6 chest/tri
day 7 off

legs = squats, leg press, lunges, weighted lunges, leg extension machine, hamstring pull down machines, calf raises (in that order)

Chest/tri = bench, incline bench, decline bench, chest cable machine (like a bowflex) then skull crushers and tricep extensions

back/bi = deadlift, bent over rows, cable row machine, lat pulldowns, pull ups, standing curls, preacher curl.

Go heavy on the weights, go as heavy as you can that you don't fail until your last set. eat like a horse (and a hint, yes you can eat pizza everyday and still add muscle, but tons of fat will come too and then you will have to diet at the end of your bulk). Better off to eat tons of chicken, steak, lean meats veges and fruit. good luck.

400exMO
01-25-2007, 07:46 PM
I already eat like a cow and have put on 2 pounds in two years, fat's not a problem.

Also what's a skull crusher?

fast250r
01-25-2007, 08:00 PM
Lol Skull crushers. I use to to them everyday in high school. A skull crusher is when you lay on a flat bench. Get a barbell with weight on it. Hold it up and bend your arms until the bar touches your forehead. Then push it back up. Sort of like a reverse arm curl, but laying down.

PismoLocal
01-25-2007, 10:53 PM
If you eat like a cow and have only gained 2 lbs in the last 2 years sounds like you need to start taking weight gainer instead of protien. Go to this website here (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/index.html), and start reading every thing you can.

Villageidiott23
01-26-2007, 05:56 AM
id throw a couple of off days in your work out. if you wanna bulk you gotta allow ur body to recover and rebuild itself. maximize ur lifting to the heaviest weight and stay away from reps. 3 to 4 sets with 6 to 8 repititions no more.....ur best bet is record ur weights for each work out. so u can keep track of when its time to move up... food/protien. for every pound you weigh you will want to intake 3 to 4 grams of protien I.E. 200lbs = 600 to 800 grams of protien. boost ur calorie intake a day as much as possible. 3 to 4 g. but stay way from trans fat. and sugar. sum fat is ok becuz it will be burned as energy since you are goin to the gym 4 to 5 nites a week. second off protien powders are digested way to fast like within 30 to 45 min... try mixing your meals with chicken, fish, or steak. the body takes longer to break meats down and it will process more of the protien. eat a meat product b4 you go to sleep. keep the shakes and bars for daytime use only. get a good source of glutamine and aminos for muscle repair. i wouldnt waste my time with creatine. but dont be suprised when you spend 50 to 60 bucks every two weeks on this crap. PS pick up some milk thistle. ur liver is goin to take a thrashing on all that protien hahaha