View Full Version : New ATK?

Trx250rider86
01-24-2007, 06:44 PM
http://www.atkusa.com/Products450Quads.aspx

is this old news? did i read it correctly? lol

anyone got any input on this?

firefighterjosh
01-24-2007, 07:10 PM
Did you read anything in this forum? Lol ATK has been around a while lol.:)

Trx250rider86
01-24-2007, 07:19 PM
i know that... but i thought they stopped making the quads for awhile right???

firefighterjosh
01-24-2007, 07:22 PM
Cannondale stopped making them in 02 I belive. I think ATK took back over in 04 (my dates might be messed up) But I think ATK only makes them on a AS ordered basis

Trx250rider86
01-24-2007, 07:24 PM
wow lol i should have done some research before i posted this.... i could have sworn they stopped making the quad for a few years.... and 2007 was the first year back im sorry.

firefighterjosh
01-24-2007, 07:28 PM
Nah its all good. Hell I could be wrong lol. My dad has a 02 Cdale. So he is the Expert in that catogorey I just kidna hear him talk about some things sometimes so I belive that is what he told me. Somone else will post as well.

yamadjs08
01-24-2007, 08:35 PM
Cannondale went out of business in 2003. ATK bought lots of remaining inventory and started selling re-badged Cannondales as ATK's in 2004. The thing is, ATK's 2007 model looks the same as a 2002 Cannondale... :p

Trx250rider86
01-25-2007, 04:22 PM
oh ok thanks for the info, cant believe i never heard of them making them again sooner lol.. was shocked when i first seen it

Toadz400
03-10-2007, 06:27 PM
Don't forget all the upgrades the Cannondales got when ATK took over! Definately makes it worth it to own one.

guy310
03-14-2007, 06:05 PM
These upgrades were not created by ATK though and they don't even employ most of the good ones either. By good ones I mean necessary reliability upgrades. The ATK is not as good as buying a used one and rebuilding from the ground up. You could do that for less money and be much much more bulletproof.

armoks
03-14-2007, 09:12 PM
If you're not ready to be putting the machine on a laptop every couple rides, rigourous maitence, and always worrying if it's going to run the next time you want it to....stay away from them.

Yes ATK did not put all the so called nessary upgrades. There are a lot of those so called upgrades that were not really needed.

Watch who does you're motor, I've some of the "experts" motors have problems also. I've seen stuck valve buckets, engines that need a stock exhaust because it was ported out too much, pistons/sleeves not matching, and important decompression parts left out.

I've also seen a ton of non touched motors run forever without ever being touched. One example, I know of one that ran XC and ran out of coolant EVERY race, he beat the living crap out of it never tore it down lasted the whole season of races, practices, a full frame swap, and it was still running when he got rid of it with well over 300 hours on it. another one was put up on the "experts" site with documented well over 300 hours on a stock motor and they ridiculed him.

It's too much of a craps shoot if you are getting a good one or if it's going to blow up in ten mins. Don't get me wrong I'd love to have my ATK back as a runaround quad it was fast for being all stock(except for a pipe and tuning).

Heybo
03-15-2007, 10:15 PM
Armoks didn't have any problems with ATK's or Cannondales until he got rid of his two. Before that, they were the hottest thing going. He's just mad because nobody can get along with him for very long.

Truthfully, the ATK/Cannondales have a few problems that are easy to fix and are just as reliable as any other quad on the market. ATK does most of the most important upgrades to them before they sell them.

The "experts" he's referring to did not "jump" on anybody about a 300 plus hour motor. One of the ones he calls an "expert" questioned whether the hours were correctly calculated on the quad and that caused a fuss. Probably more stock Cannondales are still around and running than updated ones. Cannondales' quality control was spotty at best and allowed alot of quads to get out that should have been redone at the factory. If you look at Honda and Yamaha, they had alot of the same problems with the YFZ450 and the 450R..... but unlike Cannondale, they just ignored fixing their problems until the next year model came out. So the people that bought their quads with the known problems
just had to eat it.

armoks
03-16-2007, 07:04 PM
heybo, like I said up there I have no problems with cdales just giving my experience with them. I still help out a bunch of them around here. So don't come here trying to start arguements.

And I still have a ton of friends who also left the cdaleriders community for the same reasons I did...If you don't agree with the right people there they attack you. How about a quaote from one of the guys on riders "We got rid of armoks now we just got to get rid of you" that was for disagreeing with the "experts" there. great group of guys.

Trx250rider86 If you want to know more about dales check out cannondaler they are pretty fair about builders and you can check out info about dales/ATK's without becoming a member unlike some of the other sites. Cannondale was one of the few companies that cared about thier customers and they took a beating for it.

I am good friends with the owner of ATK still and chat with him from time to time so I'm not going to bash the machines, but I'm going ot tell my expierience with them.

cdrookie
03-16-2007, 09:52 PM
i got sick of the "experts", so i sold, almost gave away, everything.

the number 1 thing you can do is frequently change the oil, like after every ride!

armoks
03-17-2007, 01:25 AM
heybo are you jwheat on riders?? the sig matches over there.

Rookie, I looked and can't just give away everything, I'm just going to sit it out and wait for the right price for these parts...sooner or later they will be worth sitting on them in the garage.

The one I was calling out as an "expert" who questioned it has his head up his arse and believes his crap doesn't stink. You can pick the people you hang out with but true friends will stand up with you. can't say that with the cdalerider guys.

ducman
03-22-2007, 05:56 PM
Reliablity problems are exactly the reason I sold my blaze, two hour drive at least and $40 entry fee was to much for me to risk for 1 lap of racing.

happyboy
03-22-2007, 08:17 PM
Thing is ducman, most of the problems I have been seeing with racing my dale is normal wear and tear stuff. I spun a wheel hub last race. Sucked since I was in 1st at the time but it really was my own fault for not keeping an eye on them. Last failure I had before that was throwing a chain. These are the same problems all quads have. Hate it!! But, its still fun. :)

peterock
03-23-2007, 04:58 PM
I have Armoks quad. He should have kept it. I've had yamahas and hondas, last year with the first year I've never had to tear down the quad due to problems. Ran strong all year. But I am doing normal maintenance on it which means a complete tear down and inspection before ths year begins as should be done with any race quad.

Ron89
03-23-2007, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by armoks
heybo, like I said up there I have no problems with cdales just giving my experience with them. I still help out a bunch of them around here. So don't come here trying to start arguements.

And I still have a ton of friends who also left the cdaleriders community for the same reasons I did...If you don't agree with the right people there they attack you. How about a quaote from one of the guys on riders "We got rid of armoks now we just got to get rid of you" that was for disagreeing with the "experts" there. great group of guys.

Trx250rider86 If you want to know more about dales check out cannondaler they are pretty fair about builders and you can check out info about dales/ATK's without becoming a member unlike some of the other sites. Cannondale was one of the few companies that cared about thier customers and they took a beating for it.

I am good friends with the owner of ATK still and chat with him from time to time so I'm not going to bash the machines, but I'm going ot tell my expierience with them.
I agree that it was wrongful to ban you for disagreeing but why sell your quad? Was it seriously because you didn't like the community? Community or not, I love my quad--its the first sport quad I ever liked and I finally own one. A group of people will never change my decision to own a Cannondale but that's me. Again, I have nothing against you and thanks for apologizing/explaining your remarks. I am sorry too since I was a little harsh (I'm in a crappy mood with my back all messed up). I just think it's a shame to lose a knowledgeable member over some disagreements. Thanks for offering your advice still and please don't look at all of us as the "experts". I honestly could care less how powerful my machine is, I just want to have some fun with it.