PDA

View Full Version : ground up started........

Hondaboy007
01-24-2007, 06:37 PM
i don't have all day to look up what guy's have got to do a complete overhaul of an R, so can ya'll help me. i just got done stripping the whole bike down to nothing but frame. it just got powder coated and that is where i am at. what seal, bearings and other misc should be a 100% change out i have all my used parts but i wanna do this right the first time.? do i start with suspension, electrical, steering or what.................?

kiesta00
01-24-2007, 08:01 PM
well I'm sure other members don't have all day to explain what to do if you're too lazy to look...it doesn't matter what you start with as long as you change everything that needs to be changed.

312R1
01-24-2007, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by kiesta00
well I'm sure other members don't have all day to explain what to do if you're too lazy to look...it doesn't matter what you start with as long as you change everything that needs to be changed.

+1

With my rebuild i'm replacing pretty much everything. Here I made it easy for you...The link to my build.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=268448

250r4life
01-24-2007, 11:31 PM
well, if you are planning on building up the motor, i would highly suggest putting a new crank and rod assembly in there with new bearings and what not, and i would also put a new set of yukon gears in there and a new shift shaft and what not...

especially if you are going to get like a big bore kit and what not... youre engine is the most critical- both cuz that what makes the bike run, and if there is a failure in one component of the engine it can easily take many other componets with it... not so much with the rest of the bike...

its not fun to have a rod bearing go and take out your piston, cylinder, and dome with it... trust me i know...

so do it right and do it once, and save yourself time and money... get that bottom end good and strong, and get that tranny good and strong as well..

i made the mistake of waiting till stuff failed to replace it, and would do it differently if i could do it over again...

kiesta00
01-24-2007, 11:39 PM
this is a definite, if you are plan on upping your motors horsepower it would be best to replace/check every major component in the engine.

I'm sorta scared to run my bike with the new motor, the clutch basket is notched badly and hope it doesn't explode in my tranny lol.

250r4life
01-24-2007, 11:50 PM
you wanna buy a hinson with a 1 dune season on it? i need to tear it down, but back when i had it apart in august it still looked brand new.

86 Quad R
01-25-2007, 11:47 AM
i'm not gonna set here and outline your project for ya but, i'd start with the bearings/bushings of the suspension first. that way you can put this stuff on and get the frame off the shop floor or milk crate lol