View Full Version : Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!township Trying To Eliminate Atv Rider's Rights!!!!!!!!!!!

05Z400rdr
01-24-2007, 01:14 PM
PLEASE HELP!!!....not my township, but a township very close by to mine is trying to ban/put many rules/laws on ATV's...there is a meeting tonight at that townships building for people to argue it out. I need help on positive things to argue about so they dont start "taking over" ATV's...because if they do it to that township, then they will try doing it to OUR township...and that is just gay...i mean riding is my life...so can u's please give me ideas of things to say to SAVE THE SPORT?!?!?....cuz the thought of this just pisses me off so much!! thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!

Landon

CRich[814]
01-24-2007, 01:24 PM
riding keeps young kids busy so they're not spray painting **** around town. kids spend there time on atvs/bikes so they can cause mischief. those little basttard's spend all there money on their atvs/bikes instead of LSD.
idk just throwing some stuff out there.

400exrider707
01-24-2007, 01:36 PM
Its an activity to keep you out of trouble... it teaches you responsibility. It teaches you respect by taking care of something and it also shows you the value of a dollar. Brings families closer together. ATVs are also used as rescue vehicles in some areas which is important. Maybe offer up something to benefit them like a yearly cleanup ATV ride where everyone rides the trails and cleans up garbage or something.

CRich[814]
01-24-2007, 01:41 PM
it also has motor skills, i bet people that are 15 and ride atv's, can drive a car better than someone who doesnt ride an atv/bike.

05Z400rdr
01-24-2007, 01:55 PM
they r excellent!...if anyone else has any more ideas, PLEASE pst them! i can use as many as possible.. thanks so much!

blasterandy
01-24-2007, 02:49 PM
Like the post above said its an anti drug. It teaches the value of a dollar, it is also a good way for kids togain insite on the wokings of an engine and how to problem solve when something does go wrong. I bet the majority of the people at that debate will be 100% changed if they actually rode one. I really doubt that there will be to many people against it tho. Thats what irmo town council did a while back and i went to fufil a boy scout requirement. Needless to say no one was their to protest them.

honda4life72
01-24-2007, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by CRich[814]
it also has motor skills, i bet people that are 15 and ride atv's, can drive a car better than someone who doesnt ride an atv/bike.
thats right my dad had a rhino and i drove it all the time and i went to take my driving test they told me that i was the best they had seen yet

sandmanblue
01-24-2007, 03:40 PM
I hate that kind of crap. No doubt in my mind that there are a bunch of whiney liberals trying to tell everyone else what they can and cannot do.

I also hate to say it, but if your township is dominated by democrats, it's hopeless to get them to think that anything other than what the Sierra Club wants is a good thing. Say goodbye to land access...

This is what Americans get for voting in dems...

I honestly was trying to post something that might help the situation and all the suggestions above are great, but keep in mind, it may be a kangaroo court - fate already determined. You can try your best, but if you can't keep things open, just remember it in the voting booth next time...

bustedknuckle
01-24-2007, 05:23 PM
everyone has good views. but if you dont ride on regular trails, and stay off the roads. and stay off peoples property.stay out of hay fields.dont blast by peoples homes at night.your going to loose your chance to ride.also ask permison to ride on peoples property. heres a good example.when we moved to where we live.no one was alowed to ride in the woods.my sons friends said they have never been alowed to ride in our woods.all i did was ask permison from several neibors.they all said ok.i asked why no one was able to ride before they said no one asked for permison. now we have around nine miles of trails to ride .rember we are all responsible for our actions.all it takes is one person riping up someones yard.and its over. sorry for the long winded story.just my thoughts....

xtremefullbore
01-24-2007, 09:09 PM
i doubt atv skills help with driving car skills.. they are 2 completely different machines.. driving skills are from driving experience, if you have been driving a old beat up truck around the farm for 10 years you will be alot better then driving a atv for 10 years.. a atv and car just arent comparable in any way... i mean, ur going from a 40 hp machine to a 250+ hp machine.. it is however a shame the riding ground is being taken away peice by peice... some people just dont understand anothers hobbies..

Sjorge450R
01-25-2007, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by xtremefullbore
i doubt atv skills help with driving car skills.. they are 2 completely different machines.. driving skills are from driving experience, if you have been driving a old beat up truck around the farm for 10 years you will be alot better then driving a atv for 10 years.. a atv and car just arent comparable in any way... i mean, ur going from a 40 hp machine to a 250+ hp machine.. it is however a shame the riding ground is being taken away peice by peice... some people just dont understand anothers hobbies..

you still gain a sence of direction from riding. my friends SUCK at driving. I always drive because of this reason. I hate getting in the passenger seat of someone that under turns or over turns a corner. ATV's defiently give you some help when it comes to driving.

400exrider707
01-25-2007, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
you still gain a sence of direction from riding. my friends SUCK at driving. I always drive because of this reason. I hate getting in the passenger seat of someone that under turns or over turns a corner. ATV's defiently give you some help when it comes to driving.

agreed, I think even more so in situations where you are losing control in a car. After powersliding and doing donuts on an ATV I think it hones your skills to using the power of a vehicle and having a sense or feeling of how its going to react in a hairy situation. I know this because I've rode atvs my entire life, my brother not so much, and I can definitely see a difference in the way we drove when we first started.:blah:

Raptor68
01-25-2007, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by xtremefullbore

While they are two completely different machines, there is still definitely a benefit to riding ATV's before learning to drive. Riding ATVs forces you to look ahead, plan your next turn, look to the sides, judge distance, and understand the power and braking of a machine. All of which are things you need to do when driving a car.

krt400ex
01-25-2007, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by honda4life72
thats right my dad had a rhino and i drove it all the time and i went to take my driving test they told me that i was the best they had seen yet

lol, thats what the guy told me a month ago for mine, and i ride at least once a week.

they teach you respect for yourself because when you pay for something you want to keep it nice, and that is something that can build a person up.