PDA

View Full Version : AC Racing Swingarm Skid Questions

jfor
01-24-2007, 12:48 PM
I have 2002 400EX I got about a month ago. I ordered a swingarm skid for it and when I went to put it on the front bolt holes on the skid were about 3 inches short of where it should have bolted up to. Any idea why it was so short? I took it back and got my money back but I desperately need a swingarm skid as there are lots of rocks and stumps where I ride and I don't wanna mess anything up.

400exrider707
01-24-2007, 12:53 PM
Is it a stock swingarm? Are you sure it was the correct skid plate? Probably could have just drilled some holes to make it fit...which isn't uncommon with AC stuff. Try a PRM skid.... best in the business for aluminum IMO.

jfor
01-24-2007, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Is it a stock swingarm? Are you sure it was the correct skid plate? Probably could have just drilled some holes to make it fit...which isn't uncommon with AC stuff. Try a PRM skid.... best in the business for aluminum IMO.

I honestly don't know if it is stock or not. I got the quad for $1400 in a box. I ahd to pur everything together LOL. There was no way o drill holes as the end of the skid plate was 3" from the mounting holes on the swing arm.

Can swingarms from other quads fit on a 400ex?

hondaracer57
01-24-2007, 02:47 PM
there are spacers u have to put on it...well atleast mine have them...

HondaSkidoo
01-24-2007, 03:03 PM
You definately had the wrong skid plate if it was to short. I have the AC swing arm skid and it bolted right up. Good Luck

clutch25
01-26-2007, 10:43 AM
I ordered a AC racing one for my 450. When I got it only 2 of the six holes would line up.

I sent it back and got a PRM skid. Best dan buy I have ever made...fits like a glove and WAY tougher than the AC unit.

2 of my buddies have bought PRM (400ex and Craptor) after seeing my skid...