PDA

View Full Version : Suspension set up??? XC/MX/trails

iflyhigh122
01-24-2007, 11:00 AM
I wanna do the hairscrambles and the local MX tracks and with the mods I already have I think Shocks is all i need... So suggestions... I was going to look at the elkas but people are complaining about set-up out of the factory and the fox's tend to fade fast some owners said so...TCS, AXIS, Works? Any ideas????

01-24-2007, 11:15 AM
My GT Thunder 450 shox really impressed me (for $600)

I have yet to test out my GT Thunder reworked rear stock 400EX with XC link.

If anywhere near as good as the fronts, I'll be very pleased.

"THE ShoP"
01-24-2007, 02:24 PM
i like the elkas not just cause there elkas either..they work great for all kinds of conditions wit a little adjustment,mine are set up for XC,but i also love to go to the MX track,an once a year silver lake dunes. an they work great everywhere..alot of shocks only excell in the conditions there set up for but the elkas seem to work good all around,My bud has LT custom axis set up for XC an there great in the woods but "not so hot on the track"his exact words...thats just our opinion

svahle
01-24-2007, 03:17 PM
I ride all sorts of terrain. I ride wooded trails, MX, dunes and just around the farm. I have personal experience with Works, Axis, PEP, and TCS. I have never riden Elkas. With regard to those shocks I have experience with I rate them in order of preference as follows: Axis, PEP, TCS, Works. This is probably also the order from most expensive to cheapest. I will say that on a budget the Works are certainly a vast improvement over the stock shocks.

Just my $.02.

iflyhigh122
01-25-2007, 02:55 PM
So the jury is ELKA... all round, and 2nd place AXIS.... Anyone else...