PDA

View Full Version : clutch lifter

GoingBig
09-25-2002, 07:09 PM
ok here is my probalem. i was riding the other day and pulled the clutch in and i heard something snap. i thought it was just the cable but after i looked it over the cable was fine. i pulled the cover off and waht they call the clutch lifter is broken. its a piece that goes inbetween all the plates and goes into the cover where the shaft is the connected to the cable. the lifter has a mushroom style head on it and thats what broke off. i had to order the part and it will be here on fri. the problem is the mushroom part is stuck in the cover. and once its out how do i get the new one into the cover when its bolted onder the cluch plates. i know this sounds confusing but im sure some of you know waht im talking about. thanks for any replys

eldoexrider01
09-25-2002, 07:49 PM
i couldnt tell ya man but i do remember seein a post kinda like this b4 it might be a shot searchin it out. but maybe someone sill stop by here that knows bout this

crashinmatt
09-25-2002, 08:17 PM
hey i had the same problem about a month ago. i had a hard time gettin the broken piece out. but all u have to do is when u put ur cover back on u need to turn the clutch arm i believe straight back. push the cover on and then once ur almost all the way on, turn the arm clockwise. thats all there is to it.

09-26-2002, 04:18 PM
check the FAQ section