PDA

View Full Version : pittsfield state forest

bigjohnson
01-24-2007, 10:33 AM
which way is the best way to get into the forest, I just started riding out that way and have been riding the power lines but always hit a dead end. what route is best for trailering the quads in?

flip73
01-29-2007, 10:32 AM
I copied this from their website, should get you close. I park at Balance Rock on the NE corner of the forest - these directions will get you close, then just ask where Balance Rock is, they'll know I'm sure. I'd give better directions myself but I don't go often enough to know the street names lol...

Take Exit 2 in Lee and follow U.S. Rte. 20 west for 11 miles to downtown Pittsfield. Turn left at lights, continue on U.S. Rte 20 west for 2.2 miles. Turn right on to Hungerford Avenue, continue for 0.2 mile, then bear left onto Fort Hill Avenue and continue for 1 mile. Turn left onto West Street. Continue for 0.2 mile, and turn right onto Churchill Street, and continue for 1.7 miles to Cascade Street. Turn left and follow the brown lead-in signs to the park. If you reach Dan Casey Memorial Drive (on your right) you have gone too far.