PDA

View Full Version : Elevation Finder...always jet your bike perfectly

firefighterjosh
01-24-2007, 02:24 AM
I went ahead and found a elevation Finder Online

here is how you use it.

Link to it (http://geonames.usgs.gov/pls/gnispublic/f?p=162:1:6907439645256342663::NO:::)

firefighterjosh
01-24-2007, 02:24 AM
DONE! Now go jet your Bike perfectly

jonboy
01-24-2007, 06:31 AM
Thanks, this should help a lot of people to dial in there carbs. Great job!

ida400ex
02-04-2007, 04:19 PM
or you could use a GPS.:D

dirtdawg
04-22-2009, 06:33 PM
how does this help??????? there is nothing that tells you what jet to use at specific elevations! this is completely worthless information if you aren't told that! c'mon guys!:rolleyes: :huh :confused: :mad:

firefighterjosh
04-22-2009, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by dirtdawg
how does this help??????? there is nothing that tells you what jet to use at specific elevations! this is completely worthless information if you aren't told that! c'mon guys!:rolleyes: :huh :confused: :mad:

I really hope you are being sarcastic:confused:

dirtdawg
04-22-2009, 07:21 PM
i'm being totally serious. i know elevation affects the performance but the elevation does not help you figure out what size jet you need. it only gives you a general ballpark. unless you know which jets to use at certain elevations. i have never seen a guide that says like 105 jet for 0-100 feet, 115 for 350 feet, etc. you must have all the answers or something.

firefighterjosh
04-22-2009, 08:38 PM
i'm being totally serious. i know elevation affects the performance but the elevation does not help you figure out what size jet you need. it only gives you a general ballpark. unless you know which jets to use at certain elevations. i have never seen a guide that says like 105 jet for 0-100 feet, 115 for 350 feet, etc. you must have all the answers or something.

You never know what the exact jet to use. No matter if it is temperature or elevation.

dirtdawg
04-23-2009, 11:04 AM
that's my point. this doesn't help you "perfectly jet" then, does it? it doesn't help that much at all.

smokindw
04-23-2009, 06:41 PM
you should maybe do ur research be4 u open ur mouth!! Look at step 4!!!!!
http://www.dynojet.com/pdf/Q107.pdf

dirtdawg
04-23-2009, 07:02 PM
alright guy. how does this help me? i have a 300ex and 250ex, not a 400ex. also, i am not gonna look for 400ex **** or look up dynojet **** if i don't use dynojets. they are overpriced and i will never buy them. i buy from jets r us and have been happy with the results. i ain't gonna look for jetting info for hours and hours either. 6000 and 3000 feet are not small margins by any means. i'm under 100 feet of elevation where i am, so someone at 4000 feet is not gonna have the same jet as me, even if they have the same exact mods. it's common sense. all engines are different, but still. elevation is not the only factor, as temperature, humididty and barometric pressure also influence jetting significantly.

smokindw
04-23-2009, 07:26 PM
alright then heres 1 for ur 300ex!!
http://www.dynojet.com/pdf/Q101.pdf
I just put the 450r carb in my 440ex and i also bought all my jets from jets r us!! U look to see what dynojet main they say to use for ur elevation then u convert it into Keihin using the conversion chart on the jetsrus web site!! And if u think that elevation doesnt matter when re-jettin the y did u open the thread called "Elevation Finder...always jet your bike perfectly" com on son think be4 u open the mouth!!!!!:eek2: :confused: :confused:

dirtdawg
04-23-2009, 09:49 PM
if you read what i said before i know jetting is affected by elevaton, but what is being implied in the title is that knowing the elevation, ou perfectly jet the carb. simply knowing the elevation does not help. you still need to do the whole jetting process, ok. you never know if the carb is jetted perfectly till you put the quad on a dyno, plug colors aren't precise enough. plug reading is just a rule of thumb.

firefighterjosh
04-27-2009, 09:41 PM
if you read what i said before i know jetting is affected by elevaton, but what is being implied in the title is that knowing the elevation, ou perfectly jet the carb. simply knowing the elevation does not help. you still need to do the whole jetting process, ok. you never know if the carb is jetted perfectly till you put the quad on a dyno, plug colors aren't precise enough. plug reading is just a rule of thumb.

Your taking the thread title too serious.....

Its just to help people find there elevation to they can take it into consideration..l.get off your high horse already

dirtdawg
04-28-2009, 05:10 PM
well, the title should have been worded better. :D