PDA

View Full Version : All Balls bearings

Project300EX
01-23-2007, 11:41 PM
I'm about to rebuild the bottom end for my project and will be ordering all the parts soon. I'm going to be replacing the crank bearings/seals and using a complete gasket kit. This will be my first two stroke rebuild. The motors that I've rebuilt are small two valve four strokes with tappets instead of a timing chain. So needless to say it will be my first complicated motor rebuild. Anyway on to the point of this thread. The parts that I have come up with are an All Balls crank bearing/seal kit and a complete Vesrah or Athena gasket kit. I was just wanting to make sure the products are good. Anybody with any experience with them? Thanks.

86 Quad R
01-24-2007, 07:28 AM
i'm going to recommend that you use OEM bearing for the engine. they cost a lil more but well worth it.

Project300EX
01-24-2007, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by 86 Quad R
i'm going to recommend that you use OEM bearing for the engine. they cost a lil more but well worth it.

Do you have experience with All Balls? I'm not being a smartass or anything, I was just wanting a little feedback from someone that has used them or someone that specializes in building motors.

86 Quad R
01-24-2007, 09:14 AM
i've had experience with all balls products. bearings and tie rod ends with good results but, when it comes to engine bearings i recommend OEM. OEM bearings have proven themselves time and time again. im still running 20 year old engines (hard) that still have the OEM bearings in there.

the inside of and engine is NO place to cut corners.

and yes i've built an engine or two. :cool:

Project300EX
01-24-2007, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by 86 Quad R
i've had experience with all balls products. bearings and tie rod ends with good results but, when it comes to engine bearings i recommend OEM. OEM bearings have proven themselves time and time again. im still running 20 year old engines (hard) that still have the OEM bearings in there.

the inside of and engine is NO place to cut corners.

and yes i've built an engine or two. :cool:

Alright. I was just wanting to make sure. I know some people think they know what they're talking about, but haven't ever turned a wrench. Thanks for the help.

86 Quad R
01-24-2007, 10:29 AM
not a problem. :)

400exrider707
01-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Project300EX
I'm about to rebuild the bottom end for my project and will be ordering all the parts soon. I'm going to be replacing the crank bearings/seals and using a complete gasket kit. This will be my first two stroke rebuild. The motors that I've rebuilt are small two valve four strokes with tappets instead of a timing chain. So needless to say it will be my first complicated motor rebuild. Anyway on to the point of this thread. The parts that I have come up with are an All Balls crank bearing/seal kit and a complete Vesrah or Athena gasket kit. I was just wanting to make sure the products are good. Anybody with any experience with them? Thanks.

Huh? Two strokes dont have any sort of timing chain.... Thats kind of confusing the way you worded it...anyways

Yeah go with OEM bearings for inside of the motor. Im not knocking all balls, and I've used them with good results too, but OEM are definitely a better quality and will last longer.:macho

Project300EX
01-24-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Huh? Two strokes dont have any sort of timing chain.... Thats kind of confusing the way you worded it...anyways

Yeah go with OEM bearings for inside of the motor. Im not knocking all balls, and I've used them with good results too, but OEM are definitely a better quality and will last longer.:macho

I said small two valve four strokes with valve tappets instead of timing chains. Meaning they're basic small motors without gears and such like today's quad and bike motors, whether four stroke or two stroke. ;)

400exrider707
01-24-2007, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Project300EX
I said small two valve four strokes with valve tappets instead of timing chains. Meaning they're basic small motors without gears and such like today's quad and bike motors, whether four stroke or two stroke. ;)

haha yeah sorry it was a little confusing...gotcha now

Project300EX
01-24-2007, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
haha yeah sorry it was a little confusing...gotcha now

NP. I can see how it could be.