PDA

View Full Version : atv storage

curlyatju
01-23-2007, 08:29 PM
Could there be any problems or issues that could occur from storing an atv on the rear grab bar standing up. thanks for any help.

zrpilot
01-23-2007, 09:33 PM
I'd drain both the fuel from the carb and oil from the motor and tank. Once that is done I don't think it should harm the quad.

just my opinion though....

John Pennella
01-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Ya I would drain the gas but i dont think its really necesary to drain the oil because theres not a lot and its not going to come out of the motor. If you dont drain the gas it will end up in the motor where only oil should be or the gas could come out of the vent tube on the tank cap and end up all over the machine.

curlyatju
01-25-2007, 02:43 PM
i mean if i were to keep my 400 stored up like this between rides like for a week or two at a time would it be ok without draining any fluids.

John Pennella
01-25-2007, 07:10 PM
O then just before you turn the quad off, turn the gas off and and let the motor run out of gas. Also try not to have too much gas in the tank before doing this. But definently make sure there is no gas in the carb and keep the valve off and it should be good to put it on its tail.

John Pennella
01-25-2007, 07:13 PM
O then just let the motor run out of gas and keep the gas valve off. Also try not to have too much gas in the tank just in case. Then you should be good to put it on its tail.

John Pennella
01-25-2007, 07:15 PM
WTF. sorry for replying twice. It didn't go through the first time i thought.

clubert
01-28-2007, 07:51 AM
When you go to ride it again, i'd be sure and let it sit back down on all 4's for at least 5 mins before you start it, to let the oil run back to where it's supposed to be.

250X_project
01-28-2007, 08:03 AM
Did you do this to save space? I have my wheeler sitting on the grab bar right now in my shed for winter. Mine has no engine in it though. :D

curlyatju
01-28-2007, 08:44 PM
thanks for all the replies yea i did this to save place cause me and my friends got 4 quads that we are trying to fit into a shed that is only built to fit about two quads on all fours.