PDA

View Full Version : Washington riders; new track in Buckley!

Woodsrider
09-25-2002, 05:02 PM
Okay, so it has been there all summer. But I just found it today. Has anybody rode there yet? Today was the last Wed. practice and there is a practice on sunday. It is a nicer track, and bigger, than Oakwood. Its called Dirty Dawg MX and there linked to Oakwoods site. here is a link to there schedule page
Dirty Dawg MX (http://oakwoodracing.com/dirtydogmx.htm)

Looked like a cool place I may try to get in there on Sunday for a practice. $20 for all day, 10 to 6.

airheadedduner
09-27-2002, 03:42 PM
I'll have to give it a try one day. Woodland charges $25 which is way too much cause that track plain sucks.

Woodsrider
09-27-2002, 04:08 PM
If your in Oregon it would be quite a haul for you. wouldn't it? 2.5 to 3 hours from Portland. I am going to try to get out there this sunday for a little while if I can. According to there web page, it looks like Sunday is there last practice this year. I'm thinking next year may be better, pacific raceway wont be having races next season, I think Clem is talking to the owners of this place to have the races there next year.

dirtmomma
09-29-2002, 10:32 AM
Hey soggyrider!! Did you make it out to DirtyDawg on Sun. the 29th???? It was thier 1st race right, oh man I bet it was a muddy one. I'm curious on how the track was, were the jumps pretty big and I've heard it's like a mile long??!! We race @ Oakwood & Monroe. My son is the main racer @ Monroe(flat track) & my husband races a 400EX @ Oakwood. He's #221 and the boy is #4 anyway let me know about the DirtyDawg track and maybe we'll see ya at the races!!!!!:) Check out our website if ya get a minute.

Woodsrider
09-29-2002, 03:19 PM
Yea I made it out there, I was all set to go out to practice and just fart around. And their schedule was wrong. they were racing:(
I really didnt feel like sitting in the wind most of the day just to run one or two heats so I came home. Oakwood set up their site for them, and they got the dates messed up. Their page shows today as a practice day. Well I talked to the owners wife and she said their going to have a practice day this wed. and then a race on sunday the 6th. I think oakwoods schedule starts the 13th so they won't have anything going on in conflict with them. She said weather will also be factored in to their winter schedule.

It is a nice looking track though. but I think it is shy of a mile, maybe 3/4 mile. High burm turns, a couple table tops, a couple doubles. No great big air but a good all around track. Better than Oakwood, but outside.

airheadedduner
09-30-2002, 04:03 PM
I talked to one of my friends who is an ex-racer. He just sold a bike to a guy in washington, that guy told him that there is some new organization that is putting together an mx/tt series in the northwest area.

Woodsrider
09-30-2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
I talked to one of my friends who is an ex-racer. He just sold a bike to a guy in washington, that guy told him that there is some new organization that is putting together an mx/tt series in the northwest area.

I wonder if that would be Holeshot SIR. I think that is who was running the series at pacific raceway. (formerly S.I.R.) But they shut down the bike track at pacific raceway from what I understood so there is no place lined up yet for the 2003 season.

airheadedduner
10-01-2002, 09:35 AM
The guy didn't say who was running it. Who knows, maybe he was just blowing smoke and didn't know for sure. Last year there was talk of all the mx tracks in OR and WA where gonna put to gether a quad only series but it still hasn't happend. They where gonna include Albany SX, Eugene MX Woodland, Washugal, and several other tracks farther north. That would have kicked arse.

dirtmomma
10-01-2002, 06:52 PM
Hey soggyrider, did you check the Oakwood website for the race dates?? I was just wondering cuz I thought the 1st one @ Oakwood was on Oct.20???:confused: Maybe you know something I don't and if so let us know!!! Thanks

Woodsrider
10-01-2002, 08:08 PM
Their website is correct, I think that I misunderstood the lady at dirty dawgs. She did say that their schedule would not conflict oakwoods. So if the first race is on the 20th at oakwood then there will be practices at DD up to then, weather permitting.

I start work on Monday so I wont be getting in much riding now till next spring :(
Sure has been nice having the summer off.