PDA

View Full Version : Went and looked at 400 for my buddy

Moded86R
09-25-2002, 04:50 PM
Last night my buddy shows up at my house.He wants me to go look at a bike with him.(he doesn't know much abotu bikes)

Well we get there and it ends up being a 2000.It had oneal bars on it with a supertrapp slip on.K&n filter rejeted.It looked bad.The guy had put stock raptor tires on it.And the plastic was scrached pretty badly.I asked him about maintaince on it.And he said a honda dealer had done it all.

I looked it over and he let my buddy ride it.Well my freind said it didn't sound right.So I rode it.At first I went down the road just shifting through the gears at like 1/2 throttle.I missed 2nd.I tried it again and missed 2nd again.I know it wasn't me.So I turned back around and this time got on it a little bit.Well the front end stayed on the ground and it felt slow.

THe guy was asking 4 grand for it.I said no way.

Has anyone heard of 2nd gear going bad.It may have been a bent shift fork but These bike's aren't that old.Ism the supertrapp pipe worse than stock?My best freind has an 02 that is completly stock and it pulls way harder.Another one of my buddies has an 02 that has a pro circuit complete,Rejetted,K&N filter.14 tooth counter shaft sprocket.I put the exhaust on and jetted the bike myself.And it beat my buddies bike by about 3 bikes.And it wheelie's way easier.

I just don't get how one of these bike's could get beat up so quick.I mean it looked like a 1990 not a 2000.

mxracer111
09-25-2002, 05:02 PM
i have seen the trans. go. it takes about a year of hard racing/ riding. my race motor the trans only gets me through about 3/4 of a race season after running hard every weekend....2nd and 3rd and the shift forks are always bad when i pull it apart