PDA

View Full Version : added some stuff to my ramp

Rootar
01-23-2007, 04:25 PM
well i bought some 12 inch travel heavy duty trailer jacks the other night and some small solid rubber wheels, i placing the jacks under the two rear corners of my ramp and the two wheels will be centered at the balancing point so it can roll on being push by one person (very easy), the wheels will just slip on and off the shafts being held on by an E-clip when im rolling it around.

and with the two jacks at the rear corners i can easily adjust my ramp to make it level if the ground isnt or make it steeper and taller :D since its so long and sooooo smooth it wont hurt it to be a few degrees taller, i might try it a degree or two at a time and see what it will do as far as hang time and distance affected,

im six feet tall and so is my ramp but as you can see in this photo the jacks have alot of adjustment and surpisingly were very solid, they also have little locking things to lock them at any height
:ermm:

raptor146
01-23-2007, 10:06 PM
Are you going to hit it jacked up like that?

Rootar
01-24-2007, 05:53 AM
not that high unless its at 20 feet or something, if your asking how sturdy the jacks are there rated for 1500 pounds each and you cant budge it with them jacked up, i didnt put them on there for that just so i can beable to slip the wheels on and off and to adjust if the ground aint level, the level gauge says that with them jack up all the way its 46 degrees thats a 10 degree change, im definetly not hitting that in 3rd gear:eek2: but im sure we'll try it at maybe a couple degrees steeper at a time and find out what it does.

what i know already it that with it 46 degrees and seven foot two inches tall your gonna frame out going up the ramp in anything past 2nd gear

stuntman_12
01-24-2007, 12:29 PM
Is that a rev 1 design? I wish i had the money for a metal ramp..

Rootar
01-24-2007, 01:24 PM
rev1s suck i have hit one, this ramp is only 6 feet tall and i designed it with the help of jason from alloyindustries and a few tips from Mr. Rick Dislter maker of the rev1 rev2 and rev3, you can ask rick he'll tell you that the rev1 plans are far from decent due to the big bump at the bottom between the 2 and 6 feet marks and it needs to be shortened in length. if you want plans check the sticky ill post up some QUAD specific ramp plans sometime later tonight