PDA

View Full Version : bullcrap never ends

Stevie-D
01-23-2007, 04:01 PM
blew the tranny in my dodge for the third time a few weeks back. yanked the tranny out and just got overwhelmingly sick of the truck. so i pulled it out of the garage and it's been sitting in the yard since.

instead of buying a tranny or rebuilding mine, i bought an 86 chevy 3/4 ton pickup. it's got a new jasper 350 in it, new clutch, 3.73 gears, etc. the inside of the bed is shot to hell, but other than that it's a strong truck.

well i figured that i'd drive this for a while, let the dodge collect some dust, then get the tranny taken care of. then sell em both and take out a loan on a new chevy.

so much for not sinking any money into it. i was doing good so far. the only money i had put into it was $20 for a set of decent doors from the body shop up the road.

blew the damned slave cylinder this morning. not very fun starting uphill in first without a clutch:D

so its off to the parts store for the thousandth time.

just thought i'd share my misfortunes

01-23-2007, 04:04 PM
Get a ford.. all the worrys bout breaking down will be turnded into dounts, burn out and some mudding, for the rest of her life. ( 50 years):D

Aceman
01-23-2007, 05:43 PM
I can hardly wait until you buy a new truck. Then you won't have to make a dozen threads about this and that going out for the umpteenth time in some POS truck. Really.......I CANNOT WAIT!!:macho :p

Ralph
01-23-2007, 06:54 PM
stop buying "American"(Mexican)

firefighterjosh
01-23-2007, 08:42 PM
I feel your pain I had a dodge at one time too. Then I bought a FORD:blah:

If I remember right your dodge looked nice. Deffently get the money asap fix them both and buy a new truck lol:macho

underpowered
01-24-2007, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Ralph
stop buying "American"(Mexican)

better than Jap crap. gotta have a truck with some power. J/K a good ol yota ain't to bad but don't slam amercan cars dude.

well dodges are notorious for tranny troubles.

on older vehicle some parts are wear and tear. thats why i finnaly sucked it up and bought a new(er) truck. got tired of my older vehicle nickle and diming me to death. hopefully i won't have any problems out of my 03 silverado now.

spincr4hire
01-24-2007, 09:35 AM
Buy from the big 3, but be prepared to spend a lot more on maintenance.

I drive a Toyota (actually the 3rd Toyota pickup I've owned), but at least they are made in California.

DeerNuts
01-24-2007, 11:40 AM
this is your reward for doing fat chicks

400exrider707
01-24-2007, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by DeerNuts
this is your reward for doing fat chicks

hahah ...ouch...sounds like someone knows a little more than the rest of us:p

ilpadrino113
01-24-2007, 12:44 PM
the only way to have a reliable dodge tranny is to rplace it with an aftermarket performance one...

Villageidiott23
01-24-2007, 12:51 PM
get a new tundra. 380 hp 401lbs of torque.....

Ralph
01-24-2007, 02:15 PM
Im getting off topic.

Originally posted by underpowered
better than Jap crap.

would you rather have somebody making your truck that is an american or an underpaid mexican. Not bashing mexico but i would assume the quality would be better from the us worker.

I would not buy a vehicle, except for a classic car, that was not german, jap, etc. My family has owned many fords and they are garbage. Maybe they dont all blow their trans after 80k but the little things count too. Such as the interior falling apart and other various small things failing on the vehicle.

I drive a 98 mercedes c230 and couldnt be happier. and dont call me a rich boy cause its a nice little car and i got it for a good price and it will run for many years to come. We also have a 99 accord that has been flawless and a benc e320 wagon which has also done well. On the other hand we have had several expeditions and still own one thats garbage. we have one mustang thats newer so not too much has failed, yet... Also had 2 mustangs before that that i wasnt very pleased with. Money pit.

Another thing to consider when buying a vehicle is the resale value. Toyota's have the highest resale value which keeps ur investement from depreaciating to almost nothing in just a few years. Have you ever tried to find an older tacoma or 4runner? If so you probably had a hard time because their is still a high demand for the vehicles and they still hold a very good value.

Blue250X
01-24-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by ilpadrino113
the only way to have a reliable dodge tranny is to rplace it with an aftermarket performance one...

or a dodge 5 speed. They arent 100% reliable but sure beat the heck out of an auto.

tmoney
01-24-2007, 04:29 PM
wow that sounds like my 250r, one thing after another

firefighterjosh
01-24-2007, 06:20 PM
My next truck will be a yota or a Ford Deisel.

If Yota made a quad it would be bullet proof

DeerNuts
01-24-2007, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
hahah ...ouch...sounds like someone knows a little more than the rest of us:p

yeah the only reason stuff keeps breaking is cuz he keeps slammin the chunkers in it. you'd break down too if it happened to you!

:devil:

Eviltanker
01-25-2007, 07:49 AM
Keep the Dodge, stuff in a jasper tranny, Problem solved.

trick450r
01-25-2007, 07:59 AM
Im getting off topic.

would you rather have somebody making your truck that is an american or an underpaid mexican. Not bashing mexico but i would assume the quality would be better from the us worker.

I would not buy a vehicle, except for a classic car, that was not german, jap, etc. My family has owned many fords and they are garbage. Maybe they dont all blow their trans after 80k but the little things count too. Such as the interior falling apart and other various small things failing on the vehicle.

I drive a 98 mercedes c230 and couldnt be happier. and dont call me a rich boy cause its a nice little car and i got it for a good price and it will run for many years to come. We also have a 99 accord that has been flawless and a benc e320 wagon which has also done well. On the other hand we have had several expeditions and still own one thats garbage. we have one mustang thats newer so not too much has failed, yet... Also had 2 mustangs before that that i wasnt very pleased with. Money pit.

Another thing to consider when buying a vehicle is the resale value. Toyota's have the highest resale value which keeps ur investement from depreaciating to almost nothing in just a few years. Have you ever tried to find an older tacoma or 4runner? If so you probably had a hard time because their is still a high demand for the vehicles and they still hold a very good value.

hmmm 80k? im looking out my window at a 95' ford f250 powerstroke with the worst ford tranny ever invented (e40d) that has 230k miles on the original tranny and is just now giving me troubles, and the rest of the truck operates perfect despite being used as a masonary work truck getting the piss kicked out of it 24/7...interesting, only jap truck i will ever buy is classic fj40 landcruiser, i have 4 of them

TGW_400ex
01-25-2007, 08:17 AM
I like how everyone calls toyota jap. Most Toyota's are made in America. Our American trucks can boast that. There all made in Mexico and Canada.

Ralph
01-25-2007, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by trick450r
hmmm 80k? im looking out my window at a 95' ford f250 powerstroke with the worst ford tranny ever invented (e40d) that has 230k miles on the original tranny and is just now giving me troubles, and the rest of the truck operates perfect despite being used as a masonary work truck getting the piss kicked out of it 24/7...interesting, only jap truck i will ever buy is classic fj40 landcruiser, i have 4 of them

Im glad you had such great experiences i just cant say anythnig good myself from my own experiences.

YFZ450Ridr
01-25-2007, 04:19 PM
thats really bad luck with the tranny, ouch. after i had the rod bearing seize on my yfz and i got it all patched up, we go riding and my buddies 450r does the same thing within an hour! weird how when mine is fixed, his goes!

Stevie-D
01-25-2007, 04:32 PM
yeah the only reason stuff keeps breaking is cuz he keeps slammin the chunkers in it. you'd break down too if it happened to you!

cheap shot dude.

just remember bro... payback's a *****, but revenge is a mother****er:macho

and in my defense, i was drunk:chinese:

JW450R1
01-25-2007, 05:48 PM
hey,it could be worse u can own a ford with a 6.0L
my buddy in the bay next to me pulls 6.0l out in his sleep.
they have baaaad oil leaks,even at very low miles

protraxrptr17
01-25-2007, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by ilpadrino113
a reliable dodge tranny

Oxymoron.

DeerNuts
01-26-2007, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Stevie-D
cheap shot dude.

just remember bro... payback's a *****, but revenge is a mother****er:macho

and in my defense, i was drunk:chinese:

Being drunk is a poor excuse in your case because you were so drunk that you realized just how bad she was. If you gotta picture someone else to finish up, (just guessing) then the "hey i was just f'd up" defense crumbles.

bring it:macho

trick450r
01-26-2007, 03:56 PM
Im glad you had such great experiences i just cant say anythnig good myself from my own experiences.

i can except that haha...ps, the mercedes are badass cars either way...

Ralph
01-27-2007, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by trick450r
i can except that haha...ps, the mercedes are badass cars either way...

Its not even that they are bad ***. A C220 is a slow piece of garbage. I mean it will run forever but it's still slow. I'm just in love with the brand in general though, the styling, class, and performance on a lot of the vehicles is what has be sold.

My favorite car of all time is the slr mclaren....:D :D :D Can u say v12 bi-turbo:)

http://www.autogaleria.pl/tapety/img/brabus/brabus_slr_mclaren_2005_01_s.jpg

Rastus
01-27-2007, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by protraxrptr17
Oxymoron.

Haha, so true. Atleast the older autos anyways.