PDA

View Full Version : AC Belly Skid

ShiftFMX
01-23-2007, 11:48 AM
Hey I have an AC Belly Skid and it vibrates a little (Makes a really loud buzzing noise at mid RPM's) . I found that its doing it at the rear most part of the skid, near the swinger. There is no bolt down there to tighten. I tightened the ones in the middle and it made it a little better not 100% better. It just started doing this about a week ago.

81built2hill81
01-23-2007, 12:22 PM
My AC Full Skid Did The Exact Same Thing. What I Did Was I Got Som Real Thin Teflon Strips w/ Sticky Tape On The Back And Attached That To The Entire Frame Where The Skid Plate Touched And Now No More Noise. I Have Also Hear Of People Using Window Stripping Or Like Camper Shell Foam Cause Is Got Tape On One Side. Hope That Helps Ya I Know Its Anoying. Plus Now My Skid Dont Rub The Paint Off.

400exrider707
01-23-2007, 02:03 PM
umm Im drawing a blank right now but I know someone sells sheets of 1" thick foam you cut out and stuff between the skid and the frame, and it keeps mud and crap out too.....someone has to know...

stumpleg
01-23-2007, 02:53 PM
I just went to Home Depot and got some weather stripping. I taped it to each side of the skid plate, not the frame. I haven't put it back on yet, but I'm sure it will do the trick.

ShiftFMX
01-23-2007, 09:04 PM
Thanks guys, My 330r did the same thing. Might have to go pick up some weather stripping. I would imagine it just sticks on with some 3M adhesive?