PDA

View Full Version : PFS:84 K10 testing waters

Creech52
01-23-2007, 11:29 AM
Ok, well since its not technically for sale and theres not auto for sale section it put this here, if you want to move it feel free.
Ok so I have an 1984 K10 Chevy fullsize truck. Its been a project for a few months and now its almost finished. But Im thinking of selling it. I've peiced this truck together starting with a 84 rolling chassis and cab and a 82 C20 running truck. It started out with the 305ci motor from the 2wd truck. I put new plugs and wires on it, and a new clutch. The motor water locked so I pulled it out and bought a 350. I then put all new rod and main bearings in it along with new rings and honed the cylinders. It also got all new gaskets, a new summit oil pump, summit chrome oil pan, and a edelbrock intake. I also purchased all new transfer case mounts. The new plugs and wires from the 305 were put on along with the new clutch and a new needle bearing pilot bearing. It also has headers with new gaskets, and the collector reducers if I can find both of them. Next I got a solid bed from another truck. The only rust on the bed is some holes in the floor near the back. The sides and supports are solid. It has a good gas tank. I have a tank for the other side and everything is there for a second tank but the bed doesnt have a door on the other side for the extra tank. I have pretty much everything needed to finish plus a ton of extra nick naks. Extra SOLID tailgate, some extra dash peices, another set of doors that are good for parts, an extra non-sliding back window ( it has a slider in it now) and a bunch of other crap. The BAD: winsheild cracked, cab needs rust repair on both sides, corners and parts of the floor. Bolt broke off in transfer case mount, needs little things to finish like shift knob, some flashers and bulds, and it needs the dist. pulled out and adjusted and timing set. It could aslo use new tires. The GOOD: Runs good, 4wd works, trans shifts good, clutch is new, good bed, front fenders, hood, grill ect. This truck starts, runs, and drives.
I also have to go with the truck an all spring 6in" suspension lift with front and rear leafs, rear flipped spring brackets (rear springs are 4" lift, brackets add the extra 2") the springs are used but in good shape, one needs new center pin. I have all brand new energy suspension bushings for the front and rear. I also have 2 brand new skyjacker nitro shocks for the rear, and 2 installed but not used skyjacker nitro skocks for the front. These are the more expensive shocks. The only thing else you need is the raised steering arm. I also have a set of front and rear matching HD 3/4 ton rear ends. This is a full floating corp. 14bolt, and a dana front with the monster 4wd hubs. They need some work as far as the brakes go, they've been sitting. I was told they are 4:56 ratio but im not positive. The front has full time hubs but can have lock-outs installed. Ok thats alot of info, and I've probably left some stuff out. Anyway Id like $1,200 for the truck with all the extra parts minus lift and rear ends and $1500 for everything. Ill sell the lift and rear ends seperate for $500 which is less then what Ive got in them. So my question is do think the price is fair and is anybody somewhat interested???

HB416EX
01-23-2007, 11:56 AM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Stevie-D
01-23-2007, 03:39 PM
what part of pa are you in? i need a set of doors and a tailgate for my 86 K20.

Creech52
01-24-2007, 08:09 AM
western Pa, the spare doors are rough, mostly the bottoms, the rest is actually in good shape. They are missing I believe both mirriors or just one. And the chrome vent visors are gone too. The tailgate is off a C20 with the big chrome peice in the middle. Its in great shape with just surface rust on the bottom edge. The latch works too. I also have another hood Id be willing to sell its got some patches of surface rust underneath and some dings in the top but is useable.

Ron89
01-24-2007, 01:27 PM
The 80s Chevy pickups are my favorite! I wish I could buy one now though....being broke sucks.