PDA

View Full Version : 416 bore kit

MattMan400ex
01-23-2007, 10:56 AM
I am needing info on doing a 416 bore on my 400ex i have White bros slip on k&n air filter. What all will i need I was thinking 11:1 piston, stage two hot cam, HD studs 450r carb. How will this run?? any other mods i need to do?? all you help you be great

Thank you

tencentsshy
01-23-2007, 01:37 PM
What kind of riding will you be doing? It is a good all around bore. I have put four together now for my friends and I. They all are a great improvement. They all have 12:1 pistons, and stage 2 hotcams. They all have stock studs, and three have stock springs. They are all holding together great. Plus when I ran my 406 it was an 11:1 and I could run 87 octane all day long without problems. Don't ask me how, but it ran fine. So I believe they are great, and not too extreme. You will love it. The only reason we ran stock studs is because they didn't want to put more money into it. It never hurts to prevent problems though.

zrpilot
01-23-2007, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by MattMan400ex
I am needing info on doing a 416 bore on my 400ex i have White bros slip on k&n air filter. What all will i need I was thinking 11:1 piston, stage two hot cam, HD studs 450r carb. How will this run?? any other mods i need to do?? all you help you be great

Thank you

The sky is the limit here, but other things to consider:
HD cam chain
open air box
HD clutch
Proper jetting

If this is all done, it will be a completely different bike. Go find a STOCK 450R and maybe you can embarrass him or her!

MattMan400ex
01-24-2007, 01:00 PM
I ride little saraha dunse the most and some local trail riding.