PDA

View Full Version : Motowoz/Ohlins shocks...

mephyst
01-23-2007, 02:20 AM
No matter what I'm buying a new quad within the next couple weeks. Probably going to get the YFZ and keep my 450r for fun riding. Anyways, how many of you guys are running Motowoz shocks?? Are they the new thing or what? Compare them to axis/fox/elka... what do you think? I've decided my next quad I'm going all out MX style... It's going to be fun, and I've had several bikes/quads, but only done suspension on a bike and not any of my quads... So I am really excited.

I'm also wondering about Ohlins as well... I want the best money can buy...

pudamac12
01-23-2007, 08:53 AM
without a doubt motowoz. I have ridden ohlins and they are decent but don't feel anywhere as nice as either of my sets of motowoz. If you have any technical questions or any questions for that matter feel free to pm me and I will be glad to answer em

mephyst
01-23-2007, 12:41 PM
Alright, cool, because I have searched around and haven't found anything bad about Motowoz other than people complaining about their pricing. If they are really that great of a shock I don't mind spending the money to well, get a good shock!!! After hours and hours of research I've come to the conclusion that Elka's are overrated... and AXIS/PEP are the top dogs. Motowoz seems to be somewhat new and recently more and more people are finding out how great of a shock they really are. And I am afraid to get Fox Evols, because I have heard/seen SOOOO many negative things about them, and many positive things as well... I'm not taking that chance. Maybe eventually they will only get positive feedback, but that certainly isn't right now.

I don't mind spending the extra cash on the shocks, but they are somewhat equal to pep/elka/axis/fox anyways. The A-Arms is what gets me on being outrageously priced. I don't think you need roll design/gibson/walsh to have the best setup... It's probably all in most people's heads. ;)

pudamac12
01-23-2007, 05:29 PM
actually you should check out smc fabrication.com Steve is the owner and has been working with Jim to get one of the best setups out there. The warranty is unbeatable and quality is second to none. Or you can call smc at 989-305-0983.

mephyst
01-23-2007, 09:19 PM
I've heard good about SMC and they are extremely cheap (well at least I think...) Are they ball jointed?? Tell me more about em.

pudamac12
01-23-2007, 09:20 PM
sending you a pm

korniev
01-24-2007, 12:18 AM
I did exactly the same, I researched for maybe 5 month all the forums, sites, just was checking what people what saying. I ordered Motowoz all the way from Russia. I can not say nothing about PEP AXIS FOX but I tried ELKA and I was VERY DISAPPOINTED! Motowoz are GREAT shocks, and in fact I NEVER EVER heard anyone having a negative opinion about them. They are NOT overpriced, people just say they are cause, it is unusual to see some new shocks cost as much as those famous ones! And for the quality and customer service you get, you must have no doubts.

01-27-2007, 08:26 PM
I would go with Motowoz! Pm me if you are intersted in a set.

pudamac12
01-27-2007, 08:33 PM
korniev how you liking that setup. Didn't jim have to get you special a arms that hadn't been made or something. Been waiting for some pics for a while. Stop holding out buddy