PDA

View Full Version : Sprocket hub replacement.

ATVnewbie
01-22-2007, 11:58 PM
I am having a problem getting a sprocket hub for my 400ex, the bearings were toast and it ate the hub up where the new carrier seals to the hub, I only see 2 aftermarket companies making them, does Honda sell them or do I have to order over the internet? Thanks

ImplodedMindZ
01-23-2007, 07:59 AM
The lil bit of searching i did I came up empty handed. I called the honda shop and they said you have to order the whole axle. Which is also what servicehonda shows, there is no part number for just the hub. Either buy and aftermarket hub, a cheap stock axle off ebay or someone here. or if your lookin to justify gettin a wider axle i would say this is a good time. LOL. Good luck.

rooster300ex
01-23-2007, 08:09 AM
Since an aftermarket hub is 100 bucks. I would just buy a g-force +2+4 axle from rocky mountain for 200 bucks. If not I would look on ebay for a sprocket hub. More then likely you will have to buy the whole axle unless somebody on ebay pressed off a 400ex sprocket hub and is selling it. Alot of honda's parts are like that. If you need a new ball joint for a 300ex or a 400ex you have to buy the whole a-arm. And if the lil lip that the idle screw rests on breaks, you can't just get that part of the carb. U gotta buy the whole thing is trashed pretty much.